DevOps Engineer (State Street Bank and Trust Company): The DevOps Engineer implements and supports tools, technologies and other solutions supporting scalability and maintainability of Charles River's global Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. The qualified individual collaborates with Tech Services, Application Management, Product and Engineering to streamline and standardize operations. This role manages operations automation, cloud migration, configuration and management, deployment automation, and site reliability engineering, among others. Specific duties of the position include: Defining infrastructure requirements; Creating workflow and project templates; Building Ansible roles and playbooks to provision and manage infrastructure and applications; Automating disaster recovery procedures; Implementing platforms and tools to store, control, and enforce application, OS, and middleware configurations; Adapting and maintaining automation tools and code to run in cloud environment; Assisting in design and implementation of a deployment pipeline for application components, configurations and customizations; Implementing and maintaining Git version control system repository to drive deployment automation, operations automation, and configuration management; Assisting in implementation and configuration of ELK log management platform and Dynatrace APM platform; Assisting in implementation of log management and APM platform changes necessary to support cloud migration; and Adapting and maintaining configuration management to represent cloud deployment. Telecommuting is allowed pursuant to company policy. Purpose and Function:
Build automation, orchestration, configuration management and other solutions scalability and maintainability of Charles River's global Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. Collaborate with Tech Services, Application Management, Product and Engineering to streamline and standardize operations. Key functional details:
Contribute to Ansible automation and orchestration code
Review code with team
Build automated QA with Molecule and other testing technologies
- Operations automation:
- Define infrastructure requirements
- Create workflow and project templates
- Job scheduling:
- Research vendors
- Implement pilots
- Plan and execute migrations
- Configuration management:
- Implement platforms and tools to store, control, and enforce application, OS, and middleware configurations
- Deployment automation:
- Build a deployment pipeline for application components, configurations and customizations
- Version control
- Design and implement version control system repository to drive deployment automation, operations automation, and configuration management
- IT Service Management (ITSM):
- Research and implement tools to streamline service management and delivery, and support (Change, Incident, and Problem Management).
- Performance management:
- Research and implement tools to track performance and availability metrics to facilitate service improvement.
- Configure, test, and support integration of tools
- Automation scripts:
- Develop, test, deploy, and support scripts (e.g., Powershell, Python, Perl, etc.) to facilitate automation and tool integration.
- Proven ability to excel as part of a technology services/operations team in a fast-paced, high-growth, mission critical technology-based Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, Finance with a technology concentration.
- 3+ years in IT system administration and infrastructure related management and automation software.
- Excellent "soft skills" including interpersonal/verbal and written communications, customer service, teamwork, ability to multi-task, organized, attention to detail, self-motivated, eager to learn, calmness under pressure.
Minimum requirements are
- Experience with any of the following software is desired: Powershell, MS SQL Server, VMware, MS Windows, Devops tools such as any major configuration management software, any version control technology, any major job scheduler.
- Financial services/trading system experience is a plus.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field, or its equivalent, and 2 years of hands-on experience in information technology infrastructure architecture, development and operations. Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field, or its equivalent; and 3 years of hands-on experience in information technology infrastructure architecture, development and operations. Must have:
Demonstrated experience in IT system administration and infrastructure related management and automation software and operations; Demonstrated experience with Python development; Proven knowledge of ELK log management platform and Dynatrace APM platform; Proven knowledge of configuring, testing, and supporting integration of tools including Artifactory, Ansible, or Git; and Proven knowledge of developing, testing, deploying, and supporting scripts (e.g., Powershell, Python, Perl). (Unless otherwise indicated, State Street is seeking the ability in the skills listed above with no specific amount of years of experience required. All experience can be gained concurrently.) About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers