About this role:
To provide credit risk analysis and assessment of credit proposals from particular Lines of Business ('LOB's') designated from time to time, making informed recommendations to Credit Committee as required and/or and making informed decisions on credit requests within the parameters of your Delegated Credit Approval Authority, as required. Provide oversight and monitoring of portfolio exposures to those LoB's in a manner conforming to WFBI, WFC and regulatory requirements. In this role, you will:
- Provide risk analysis and recommendations to Credit Committee related to credit proposals originating with various LoB's which may include Commercial real Estate ('CRE'), Corporate banking Group ('CBG'), Financial Institutions Group ('FIG') and Capital Finance (SCF & CDF) LoB's.
- Assess credit proposals originating with above-mentioned LoB's and make informed decisions on credit requests within the parameters of your Delegated Credit Approval Authority.
- Provide portfolio oversight/monitoring for credit exposures originating with the above-mentioned LoB's and other LoB's, as required.
- Ensure that proposals originated by the above-mentioned LoB's conform to the Credit Strategy and stated risk appetite set forth by the Board and adhere to WFBI Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the credit of all exposures and tracking credit quality migration and informing the WFBI chain of risk control (CRO; Credit Committee; Risk Committee; Board) of risk developments, as appropriate.
- Interface with internal and external auditors, Risk Asset Review and regulators to ensure the integrity of WFBI's credit grades and risk and grading process and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with concentration risk.
- Provide reports to: Senior Management; Credit Committee; Risk Committee; Board; ALCO - provisioning, reserves, impairments, and run-off; Group Reporting; Regulatory Reporting.
We Value Diversity
- Degree educated (or equivalent).
- Risk management experience in relevant risk classes with an ability to analyse transactions and to quickly identify key risks.
- Experience in developing risk models to support portfolio management are an advantage.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to provide presentations and briefings to management and liaise with other company departments.
- Strengths as a creative and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Professional maturity and high energy level.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to operate comfortably in a large, multicultural organisation.
- Proficient with advanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or VBA.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.