This is a hands-on technical role requiring current experience working with large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks providing well-balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration and database levels.
The candidate should be a sharp, experienced senior level automation engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a solid software testing foundation. This role requires a talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about quality with the ability to grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions.
We are looking for a strong Java software engineer to build out the next generation of our software test automation infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, delivering and supporting the software infrastructure that enables automated product validation to the rest of the development community at Charles River Development.
The role will work with the Automation Infrastructure Team and the Product Scrum Teams to implement cutting edge complex quality engineering automation frameworks, tools and other solutions for software development and deployment initiatives to ensure the software meets quality expectations.
Proven experience in leading test automation and process automation with cutting edge tools for Web, Desktop, DB and Web-service testing (Selenium, Ready API, etc.) is desired. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
Experience in in i dentifying test data management needs and implementing them is a must.
Financial services industry experience is preferred.
The role will require an individual who can mentor QA team members to implement and scale automation. Responsibilities:
- Develop C# and Jave code for the management of automation infrastructure.
- Develop API's facilitating the creation of rich automation test suites by the product development teams.
- Debug and correct problems in the automation infrastructure code.
- Implement performance profiling of code and propose solutions to address defects.
- Design test environments for cloud native applications.
- Analyze systems and procedures and implement necessary improvements.
- Engage with teams/projects to assess their maturity level and recommend and/or assist in implementing test automation for the given functional area.
- Create comprehensive test automation scripts from business requirements and functional specifications documents for product features of moderate complexity.
- Execute automated functional, integration, regression, and performance tests.
- Maintain automated script libraries for functional, integration, regression, and performance testing.
- Interpret results of automation tests and document software defects in issue tracking system; proactively communicate issues with developers and other project team members.
- Provide testing leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement in the Scrum team's QA automation methodology.
- Keep abreast of automation testing technologies and best practices with an eye to evolving automation frameworks and testing methodologies.
- Assist in driving mature test automation capabilities, such as BDD/ATDD capabilities that allow teams to shift testing and test automation as far left as possible.
- Improve the Testing/automation architecture by continuously reducing the testing cycle time enabling the CI\\CD models by working closely with various teams
- Assist in developing the required testing automation dashboards to monitor application KPIs, utilizing relevant technology for effective quality assurance monitoring
- Manage all test environments, test devices and OS versions required for testing
- Define test data for robust automated testing and implement a process to maintain and expand that "Gold" copy of the data for QA.
B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study or Business with an MIS background. MS degree strongly preferred. Experience:
- 8+ years of experience with C# and Java development.
- Strong programming skills to be able to develop automation infrastructure effectively.
- Experience with PowerShell and batch scripts.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience with various automation tools.
- Experience with Silk4Net is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with Snowflake and SQL Server database.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum Development processes, QA processes and standards.
- Ability to conduct administration in Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to multitask ongoing project tasks while supporting a variety of incoming questions from the development community.
- Ability to provide guidance on how to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in the financial industry a plus.
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites.
- 2+ years of experience in Micro services, Web services testing using SOAP and REST based service & XML, JSON.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GIT and other relevant tools.
- Exposure to testing tools such as Selenium Webdriver, Gradle, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Teamcity, Git, Confluence, JIRA, Docker, ELK stack.
- Strong experience with database testing (Oracle, SQL/NoSQL).
- Experience working with mixed onshore/offshore teams.
- Experience in cloud application projects preferably Azure.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently.
☒ Individual Contributor ☐ Team Lead ☐ Manager of Managers Travel:
About State Street What we do.
- May be required on a limited basis.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers