General Position Summary:
Advises on a variety of legal issues related predominantly to investment fund law, banking and company law. The focus of the activities is to support the investment servicing business in Dublin and Luxembourg, provide legal advice, handle contract negotiations with customers, contribute to product development and to the implementation of regulatory requirements applicable to the local business. Works closely with other Legal teams across State Street offices in Europe and the head office in Boston. Specific Duties:
QUALIFICATIONS Academic and professional qualifications:
- Provides senior legal advice to the investment servicing business on all legal matters related to the servicing of investment fund structures in Dublin and Luxembourg, particularly in relation to funds investing in Alternative assets (primary duty).
- Drafts, negotiates and manages customer contracts (e.g. fund administration and custody agreements) as well as related agreements or legal documents.
- Monitors regulatory developments and contributes to regulatory implementation
- Contributes to corporate projects.
- Collaborates with Legal teams across State Street's legal division on global and regional projects.
Degree in Law from an Irish or other European university.
Qualified Solicitor Working experience:
10-12 years of post-qualification professional experience as in-house lawyer in a bank or asset management company or in a law firm, of which several years of experience focused on investment funds. Experience with alternative fund structures (hedge or private equity fund structures) is an advantage. Non-technical competencies:
- Ability to analyze and to manage complex situations.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player with ability to interact with multiple levels, including executive levels, in an international organization.
- Service-oriented and results-focused.
English (fluent, spoken and in writing).