- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Salary: €70,000 - €90,000
- Job Type: Full time
Lending Manager (Residential Property)
Role Summary The Lending Manager will work as part of a team responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of customers who require finance to carry out residential development projects. Responsibilities include the on-going management and oversight of projects throughout the lending cycle from an initial enquiry through to full repayment of any facility provided. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of carrying out detailed assessment of development funding loan proposals, preparation of loan reports, delivering high service standards, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with customers requiring funding for residential development projects.
- Carry out detailed assessment of residential development projects, assist borrowers to structure loan proposals, prepare clear and concise loan reports and make recommendations to the appropriate sanctioning authority.
- Participate in regular reviews of borrower relationships and funded developments with the Head of Lending, the Management Team and other business areas.
- Achieve lending targets within agreed timeframe and commercial terms.
- Monitor and review the progress of developments to ensure delivery of key milestones for developments.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates to the Head of Lending, the Management Team and other stakeholders on the progress of the funded schemes.
- Ensure the highest standards of compliance with policies and procedures are achieved.
- Ensure required cooperation with internal and external auditors.
Relationships with other business divisions:
Ensure strong working relationships between the lending team with the Credit & Risk team, the primary service provider and other external advisors such as the monitoring surveyors, property advisors, etc.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role in a financial institution with a proven prudential track record in residential lending, preparing funding proposals, building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers and achieving lending targets.
- Good knowledge of residential development lending product offerings and markets.
- Strong knowledge of lending agreements, covenants and security requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant financing models and data with an ability to review, understand and interpret audited financial accounts and financial forecasts.
- Demonstrated sound commercial judgement and awareness of the residential market in Ireland.
- Proven record in managing credit quality and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Have a proven track record in delivering results and objectives.
- Strong customer focus and a proven commitment to customer excellence.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage your own work load.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to identify key risk issues in negotiation of borrowing facilities and to deliver alternative solutions if required.
- Strong understanding of deal structuring.
- An ability to work on own initiative and interact as a part of a highly motivated team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Exemplary governance and ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, excel and Outlook.
Degree preferably in economics/finance or other relevant discipline, and/or equivalent professional qualification.