Life Services Manager
We wish to recruit a Life Services Manager who can display a deep and strong knowledge of various life insurance products and structures and has an life insurance or administration background to collaborate with the Head of Fund & Life Services & operations in managing all aspects of our business.
The Life Services function operates as a point of contact and an intermediary for the Mediolanum group entities in Ireland, Italy, Spain and Germany and the various outsourced service providers and overseas branches of the group. The role involves working in conjunction with the Head of Fund & Life Services & Operations in an interesting mix of control-oriented works, regulation, reporting, problem solving, taxation, fund accounting, relationship management and projects. The position requires an individual who can demonstrate a deep and varied understanding of Insurance for retail investors as well as Funds. While the role contains some routine tasks it generally requires the individual to deal with ad-hoc, complex issues as they arise while focusing on internal deadlines against deliveries of the outsourced service providers. This role would suit a person with a track record in achieving deliverable targets in the Insurance space. Duties
• Oversight and Control: Collaborate with the existing team and the Head of Fund & Life Services & Operations in the day to day oversight of operational interactions between the Branches, Management Company, Distributors, Investment Managers, Administrators, Custodians, etc.; oversight of daily NAV calculations and ability to review and challenge the data provided by the third-party administrators, monitor the expiring and the renewals of all the relevant third-party agreements belonging to the insurance universe and provide regular updates to their Manager.
• Team Organisation: the candidate is required to manage a team of people, set-out training schedules, identify key requirements for any recruitment, lead from the front, assist in the BAU process and integrate team members into Life Services. They will manage the monthly 30/30 process and will provide input into the specific team members end of year performance review and maintain clear and timely communications with Team and Manager.
• Management of Relationships with internal and external clients: The candidate will be the primary point of contact for the branches, third party administrators, custodians, auditors, distributors and other third parties in the various countries where MIL insurance & MIFL funds are marketed, traders and the other Mediolanum Teams both in Dublin and abroad. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quarterly review of the service providers and is expected to participate in meetings with external parties. Additionally, the successful candidate will manage the process for clients of our Life Insurance products and will manage the relationships of sales representatives, the product team and the branches. The successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting in collating relevant information or data required by other departments in order to facilitate client holdings, investments and disinvestments via various platforms and Distributors across all MIL insurance products.
• Reporting: Monthly preparation of Board documents and ability to analyze and process the relevant information provided by the administrators in order to be presented before the Board of Directors; preparation of regulatory reporting on a timely basis including AIFMD returns, Covip, Italian Whitelist, EMIR; coordinating and reviewing the annual audited and interim financial statements, Assist in preparation of monthly TER (Total Expense Ratio); must be able to carry out the dividend distributions process involving both calculations of the same and issue of the relevant communications.
• Project Management: Assist the Head of Fund & Life Services & Operations during service calls with the Lux Administrator, the Correspondent Bank, Dublin Custodian and other key providers to initiate and document progress on multiple projects of different nature. Demonstrate the ability of understanding and capturing the different aspects involved in each specific project including but not limited to the accounting, IT, trading, regulatory and risk/compliance side. Assisting with the opening of new accounts in different countries and currencies, coordinating the launch of new products and managing the technological advancement and automation of the team. Skills & Competencies
Vast experience in the insurance industry as a Senior Insurance Specialist or Administrator.
Computer Skills - Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel (to advance level incl. pivot tables, lookup formulae, data filters and other complex formulae), Word and Microsoft Office.
Data - Strong understanding of data and its use as an asset to the business. Use of RPA, AI, Machine Learning, Analytics and KPI's would be desirable.
Industry Knowledge - Strong knowledge of life insurance products, financial instruments across all asset classes, valuations, custody, administration and transfer agency processes. Central Bank regulations across both Ireland and Luxembourg UCITS and AIFs is a must. Strong knowledge of Life Insurance structures is essential.
Proactivity and ability to prioritise tasks - The candidate must show flexibility, the ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment and the skill to adhere to tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has an acute attention to detail and is focused on resolving issues quickly. The successful candidate is expected to be able to develop strong business relationships both internally and externally, have a good attitude to problem solving and strong ethical values.
Excellent numeric and communication skills both verbal and written.
Insurance, business or financial services qualification or studying for same. This is not essential but would be an advantage; Qualifications & Experience
Minimum 10+ years' experience as a Senior Insurance Specialist or in a Senior Insurance Administration or similar role in the Insurance Industry