About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
This is a permanent role a compliance manager, to act as CBI Designated Person for regulatory compliance and Head of Compliance for an Irish fund management company. The individual will work within a global Compliance team operating in a successful Asset Management business, regionally reporting to the Northern Trust Asset Management EMEA Head of Compliance.
The role is engaging, hands-on and offers excellent exposure to someone looking to further progress their career in an asset management-based compliance role, both within the EMEA region and providing compliance leadership on regulatory initiatives across the globe. The key responsibilities of the role include:
Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Operate and update the annual compliance plan, compliance risk assessment
- Key point liaison with the CBI and branch regulators as appropriate
- Operate and update compliance frameworks and related policies and procedures
- Provide ad-hoc support and advice to the Board and staff as necessary on regulatory matters
- Generation of Board and committee compliance reports
- Compliance oversight of delegated activities
- Provide timely and accurate regulatory and compliance advice to business partners
- Work proactively with business contacts and management to identify and implement practical and efficient solutions
- Develop and implement training programs with subject matter experts
- Operate as compliance lead for a variety of NTAM EMEA projects
Working with Us:
- Extensive relevant industry experience
- In depth working knowledge of European and local regulations e.g. MiFID, UCITS, CBI, etc
- Analytical ability to identify and understand problems and provide effective collaborative solutions
- Highly motivated individual who has a proven record of using initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.