About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Dealing, Transfer Agency Ireland and will be responsible for the oversight and management of multiple Dealing Control and Oversight Teams in Ireland, ensuring that regulatory and management company requirements are met. . Job Summary
- Overall leadership and management responsibilities for the day to day operation of Dealing Teams within the Ireland Transfer Agency, ensuring quality and delivery standards are met
- The Dealing teams service a number of product types including Mutual Funds, Money Market Funds, Unit Trusts, Hedge Funds using Investor Level Performance Fee Equalisation and Series of Shares. Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of these products types as well as regulatory tax processes including Irish Tax, 8 Year Deemed Disposal, Revenue Return of Values, EUSD, etc.
- Maintain and further develop operational frameworks and manage duties to ensure efficient and controlled operation of the teams; determine most efficient and low risk methods of processing, reporting and service, and ensure viable technological environment and systems support through collaborative interaction with BPSS and IT Support Teams
- Minimum of two direct reports at Dealing Manager level and responsibility for minimum of 4 Dealing Teams located in Ireland. In addition, oversight responsibilities for Dealing Teams located in India
- Participate and contribute to the TA Matrix Programme, TA Operational Change, Client Change, Process Optimisation, Process Offshoring and other relevant projects as required. Ability to demonstrate effective leadership, ownership, strategic vision and innovative thinking
- Data Privacy and Security Management - continue to develop and maintain control environment to keep all client and investor information secure
- Focus on People - Team building, Professional Development and Career Progression with a view to continued client growth and future operating model
- Responsible for ensuring the day to day dealing quality and delivery
- Responsible for the delivery of all predication reporting and deal schedules
- Workflow queue management and analysis
- Achievement of monthly KPIs & KSI's
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in India, seeking appropriate information from local management where required. Monitor KPI's and ensure standards are maintained
- Maximise scalability through the use of onshore and offshore locations, technology and product development
- Maintain a close working relationship with other areas, such as Finance, New Business, ICM, CSM and other internal areas such as the Relationship Managers
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects
- Analyse monthly management information to understand where quality at an individual, process, team or management company needs to be addressed
- To work with the team, internal departments and Group projects area on any allocated projects
- To work with internal departments to evaluate and implement changes in proposed new regulations and to ensure that all current requirements are met
- Escalation point for unresolved issues to the India TA Team
- Liaising with clients regarding Service and Service Level Agreements
- To work collaboratively with TA Client Service Team to ensure the operating model meets client requirements, and to ensure client expectations are managed in line with a controlled and scalable operating model
- For clients where there is no appointed CSM, take responsibility for ensuring the service provided is of the highest standard, including provide support for Due Diligence Reviews, service calls, incident management and query management
- For Client Mailboxes not supported by the ISC, ensure queries are responded to in an accurate and timely manner
- Provides management and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Ensure that appropriate segregation of duties controls are in place at all times
- Responsible for the recruitment, appraisals and retention of staff
- Sets partner objectives and monitors these and provides feedback through monthly one to one meetings
- Responsible for the development of the team & team members
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- Deputise for Head of TA Dealing in their absence
- Management of department in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Ensuring that KPIs and KSIs are achieved in order to keep ASLs to a minimum
- Required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Direct reports (Dealing Managers and Team Leads), and wider team
- Internal Relationship Management Team, all NT Operational Depts, Outsourcing Teams and other internal clients
- External stakeholders such as CBI, FED, auditors, trustees, compliance; as well as external clients, advisors and investors/shareholders
- Significant operational /fund administration management experience gained in a similar role or working directly for a fund manager
- An advanced understanding of effective risk management (Essential)
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used within the business (Essential)
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Customer Service Focus and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirable
- An understanding of investment product administration for example ICAVS, QIAIFS, UCITS, OEICS, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of various regulatory environments
Working with Us:
- Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly and organisational savvy)
- Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills)
- Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behaviour, integrity and ethics and relationship builder)
- Motivation (performance standards, achieving results and persistent)
- Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking ,logical thinking and solution finding)
- Organisational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
- Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
- Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management)
- Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.