What we offer
- Full TimePermanent position
- Hybrid role based in Ireland in our City Centre offices
We have embraced a hybrid working model for most of our positions, which means that you can enjoy a balanced approach of working from home for part of the week and working from the office for the remainder of the week.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salaries and bonuses, robust Learning and Development support, excellent Defined Contribution pension and comprehensive Wellbeing initiatives and support to name but a few.
Further details on our benefits package can be accessed here Benefits (life-careers.com)
The role is responsible for developing and managing a library of financial risk models and rating scorecards, that enable us to value, and risk manage, our portfolio of assets. The role is responsible for delivering these robust models for use in risk management, ensuring that the models meet the relevant regulatory requirements and are designed to be integrated within the Company's risk management framework. What you will do
You will play a key role in supporting the development and management of the Company's enterprise-wide framework for financial risk by:
What you will bring
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting financial risk models, including credit and interest risk models, to assist in the valuation and risk management of the range of products
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting economic risk measures
- Working with key stakeholders to understand the implications emerging market practice and regulatory requirements on the Company's ability to evaluate and report its risk positions consistent with recognised rating methodologies
- Applying analytics to generate insights to help inform investment and risk strategy
- Preparing executive and Board-level material to effectively communicate technical concepts
- Supporting engagement with our Canadian and local regulators
- Liaising with external and internal model validation teams as required
- Monitoring business activities and external developments that could materially alter the company's risk profile
- Building strong understanding of internal strategies to measure and manage financial risks to effectively challenge and identify opportunities for enhancements
- Forming strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across our global business
What's in it for you?
- University degree (or higher) in a highly quantitative subject
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g., Actuarial, CFA, FRM) an asset
- Minimum five years relevant work experience including in quantitative financial risk model development
- Work experience in credit modelling and/or credit ratings, with an insurance company, rating agency or asset manager an asset
- A strong background in Mathematics, with experience of applying mathematical
- techniques to real-world problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Participates effectively in cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Proactive and self-directed with the ability to complete several tasks concurrently
- Coaching / mentoring junior co-workers and managing projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Presents complex technical concepts to a range of audiences
- Keen eye for detail and superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills. Experience of developing in Matlab, VBA and R would be a distinct advantage
- Rapidly develop your problem solving, relationship-building and communication skills
- Work on challenging and innovative projects in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-growing team
- Competitive and comprehensive rewards program including bonuses and flexible benefits
Canada Life Group is the top-level European holding company for the Great-West Lifeco Group's European insurance, reinsurance, and asset management companies, with business operations in the UK, Ireland, Germany, and the Isle of Man.
European Technology sits within Canada Life Group and encompasses the technology community across all European entities, Irish Life Group, Canada Life UK, Canada Life Europe, and Central Technology Services. European Technology supports the business strategy and collaboration of technology across all European divisions.
There are multiple IT units within European Technology, each of which has its own individual set of technology platforms. Central Technology Services (CTS) provides IT infrastructure and security operations services to Europe.
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process. Where Agency assistance is required the Canada Life Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Canada Life by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Canada Life Group Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We have created an environment of inclusion and growth to help people achieve their potential, to ensure they can bring their whole selves to work and to feel valued. We celebrate diversity of thought and perspective and want all of our employees to feel valued, respected and supported.
We have built a culture that promotes equality and inclusion for all of our current and future employees and strive to ensure that our behaviours, processes and practices are aligned to this culture.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please contact email@example.com and we will be delighted to ensure you are fully supported to be your best.
CLGS supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.