Who we are looking for
An opportunity exists for an ambitious person to work in a dynamic and flexible environment to assist in the formulation and implementation of depositary oversight policy and procedures. Reporting to Senior Manager, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary in a rapidly growing market leader Company and changing regulatory environment. . The role is for our investment monitoring team where an opportunity to work with the worlds largest clients over a wide range of products understanding their investment strategy and monitoring compliance with the same.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services division, Depositary Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depositary associate you will
What we value
- Review of portfolio of funds to ensure compliance with Regulatory investment restriction and borrowing power limits on a daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring investment breaches are rectified in a timely manner on the Regulatory register once resolved. With communication directly with clients.
- Testing of compliance monitoring systems and reporting thereon.
- Attending board meetings presenting the Depositary report.
- Assist with review of the operational departments in order to ensure funds are being administered in accordance with fund documentation/Regulations
- Escalating issues to senior management
- Reviewing composition of NAV calculations/Fund administration and testing of key controls
- Responding to client queries in accordance with Department standards.
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements
- Devising work programmes and schedules
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Fund accounting or previous Depositary experience preferential
- Knowledge of the Funds Industry is essential
- Investment Restriction monitoring experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working directly with clients, strong client communication both verbal and written is essential.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.