PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The candidate will be working in the Middle Office team in Dublin processing OTC and non-OTC trades encompassing Bond trades, FX, Derivatives Repos and Swaps with the aim being to provide support to the Portfolio Managers for any product traded. The primary responsibilities include regular contact with brokers to confirm trades, acting as escalation contact for settlement queries and monitoring the in-house STP trade capture system. Thus, strong trade flow management ability and good settlement experience are vital. Furthermore, the Associate will be involved in interaction with the London and the Newport Beach offices.
- Daily interaction with Portfolio Managers, Compliance, and Investment Operations.
- Monitor proprietary trade capture system: ensure accurate trade capture and completeness of tickets.
- Complete initial confirmation with the broker for trades executed in London office
- Trade floor support: run various daily trade-flow reports and any ad hoc reports requested by Portfolio Management team.
- Interaction with Back Office support functions: escalation contact for trade settlement. The back office support is outsourced to State Street, daily contact through telephone and email. There is also direct contact with Brokers to resolve issues and support State Street as point of escalation.
- The team work on a weekly alternating shift pattern of 8.00am - 5.00pm, 9.30am - 6.30pm and 11.30am until close. On average the late shift is shorter, but a willingness to work later hours as required is essential for the role.
- Proven experience in a similar role within Asset Management or Investment Banking.
- Excellent attention to detail. Strong analytical ability is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are vital to work within the firm's demanding and focused environment.
- Capability to manage multiple tasks with tight time deadlines and possess strong problem solving ability.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with a fair degree of autonomy as well as in a team environment is essential. PIMCO works on a flat structure so ability to work with all levels of firm.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Outlook and Bloomberg. Basic knowledge of other MS programs such as PowerPoint preferred. SQL and programming skills are a plus.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is an advantage
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.