Network Engineer, SaaS Operations, Charles River Development, Assistant Vice President
Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018. Background:
Charles River Development is rapidly growing its Software-as-a-Service platform. We are looking for a hands-on, well rounded solution designer for our growing Infrastructure Support team. This team is responsible for the design, administration, and daily operation of critical systems used to support our clients' Production, Disaster Recovery, and Test environments. The team also helps to develop new support services and architects our core infrastructure. We offer an opportunity for talented and driven individuals to get on board with an organization that values personal initiative and growth What you will be responsible for
As a Network Engineer you will:
What we value
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to provide infrastructure and networking support for our large and complex base of global clients.
- Assist in resolving priority incidents to quickly eliminate impacts, participate in root-cause analysis, and support subsequent corrective and preventative actions.
- Implement and support infrastructure applications and services, such as Okta, PingIdentity, Citrix, SFTP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SSRS and Tidal
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Have a deep appreciation of why Security is important to our company and our customers.
- Create and maintain detailed operational documentation and runbooks.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting systems with strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Be a strong technical leader who can influence the evolving architecture and standards of our SaaS infrastructure.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for virtualization and other core SaaS technologies.
- Perform capacity planning for critical infrastructure resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/networking/systems administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- Extensive experience working with various core infrastructure and web technologies
- A strong knowledge of networking is required along with hands on experience solving problems with firewalls, VLANs, site to site VPNs, etc.
- An understanding of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, Azure Application Gateways and Azure Traffic Manager
- Substantial experience MS Windows Server system administration or application server support
- Several years experience with VMWare system advanced administration
- Several years' experience with Active Directory advanced administration.
- Several years' experience working in critical production environments, including Disaster Recovery support.
- Solid understanding of related Microsoft technologies - Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, Windows Failover Clustering, SQL Server, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and issue ownership
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple significant projects and initiatives.
- Some scripting and automation experience, especially in Powershell, Perl, etc. a large plus
- Experience writing basic SQL queries to perform light database administration tasks.
- Solid understanding of file transfer and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
- Some support experience with security technologies, such as IDS/IDP, anti-virus, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, SIEM, encryption, server hardening.
- Experience with some web / application server technologies (ex: Apache HTTPD, IIS, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere)
- Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
- Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus (ex: Rackspace, Amazon Web Services / AWS, Century Link, Azure)
- Experience with Single Sign On (SSO) and application virtualization software a plus (ex: Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway)
- Professional IT certifications are a plus