Barclay Simpson are currently working on an exclusive mandate with a global, award-winning and highly respected asset manager looking for an Operational Risk analyst for their Dublin office. This is a newly-created permanent role and an exciting time to join a growing office, with a well-established entity and a professional, collegiate and supportive team.
- As Operational Risk analyst you will be responsible for the on-going management, maintenance and embedding of the Operational Risk Management framework.
- The operational risk analyst will cover all new and existing product strategies, related to governance processes.
- The operational risk analyst will be responsible for identifying and investigating operational risk events, ensuring root cause analysis and control assessments are undertaken. This will involve understanding deep dive reviews on significant and complex events, to provide recommendations to enhance the control environment.
- The operational risk analyst will identify process/control weaknesses, raise issues and take associated actions where required.
- Assist and maintain the annual risk & control self-assessments across the business.
- Participate in the periodic update of the Irish ICAAP.
- Maintain the Operational Risk register and support the development of scenario analysis.
- As Operational Risk Analyst, you will also get involved in Operational Resilience tasks; such as - working on developing and implementing local business continuity plans and assist with the development of the business impact analysis program.
- Risk rate critical and significant third parties; oversee the business due diligence process.
- The Operational Risk Analyst will need to have demonstrated experience working in an asset management/Investment management firm as a member of the operational risk team/ or IT Risk team/or internal audit team; minimum two years of this relevant experience is required.
- Ideally an understanding of asset management business and funds (specifically AIFMD directive).
- Specific product knowledge: equity, fixed income/ alternative investment products.
- The Operational Risk Analyst must be comfortable with risk identification, and management of operational risks within a fund management environment.
- Familiarity with Wolters Kluwer would be beneficial but not essential.
- They must be a team player with proven demonstrated ability of collaborating with colleagues across all levels of seniority.
- Fluency in English - written and oral is essential.
This role offers:
- This is a unique, newly created role and an opportunity to be part of a firm with a long-standing history.
- The company is currently going through intelligent and strategic growth- it is an exciting time to join!
- The Operational risk analyst role offers the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and growth initiatives.
- As this position will sit in a small team - the role offers scope of responsibility; as operational risk analyst you will be part of a local, team-orientated and collegiate team, but also contribute to a global and very stable group. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across different geographies.
- This role offers visibility and an opportunity to add value to the business working with senior stakeholders.
- My client has on-going opportunities for learning and career development; with a proven track record of staff retention, this client will look to invest and support you throughout your career.