Main purpose of role:
The Officer will be part of Operations Readiness for New Client On-boarding and will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management and support of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) (Model office Testing)
The successful candidate will be the lead BA responsible for the Operations Readiness workstream of new client launches and conversions this includes designing and implementing global operating models, new operating models and connectivity for new client launches and conversions, and for building an Operational Implementation Program utilized for new client prospects. They will possess expert knowledge of Transfer Agency Operations which includes product and service offerings; systems and processes and will be focused on operational efficiencies, being a solid advocate for change to support continued growth and overall evolution of the business.
The successful applicant will work closely and provide support to Sales; Service Delivery; Client Services and various other key stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- Attends due diligence, gap analysis and other relevant project meetings
- Analysis to support client-facing projects operational readiness
- Active participant in client project calls and Governance for operational readiness. May also lead client/internal workshops and calls.
- Actively participates in discussions, brainstorms, provides suggestions on courses of action, draws parallels from prior experience and helps team find paths to success
- Participation and Management of Workstream Meetings
- Liaises extensively with clients to establish exact requirements, agree solutions for global operation model
- Clearly documents requirements including workflows and holds workshops to determine solutions and get agreement internally and with clients.
- Proactive identification and management of project risks, ensuring that the appropriate measures are taken to ensure that all stakeholders have an appropriate appreciation of the key risks and that the required steps to mitigate these risks are completed.
- Thorough documentation throughout the project life cycle including of all required signoffs
- Issue tracking and management, ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are in agreement with the resolution steps
- Design and Document the operating model
- Design and document the handoffs between locations
- Coordinates the Model office for large conversions with the Operational Teams
- Assists the Operations teams in the creation, maintenance and execution of model office test plans
- Provides clear reporting on the status of Model office
- Preparation of Non-Standard Process reports and facilitating their review with Risk and Compliance
- Support and interact with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities.
- Works within the Transfer Agency Project Office structure and ensures that all standard templates are used and required resources are procured.
- Responds directly to client inquiries and concerns
- Conducts testing and research to provide accurate responses
- Improves the Onboarding process by streamlining reports, documenting checklists, processes and procedures.
- Promptly communicates discovered issues. Quantifies the risks and determines potential workarounds to assist the team in prioritization
- Reviews conversion-related business requirements documents
- Provides feedback, clarifies requirements and assists the Conversion Business Analysts to ensure successful delivery of business needs enhancements
- Functions as the subject matter expert on business processes and procedures and the various applications utilized to support such processes
- Assists the conversion team in analyzing results of the conversion process
- Assists the Operations team in conversion reconciliations
- Analyzes post-conversion needs and processes specific to first 3 business days
- Supports post-conversion issues found during the warranty period
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive New Client Onboarding playbook and ensure all tasks are delivered / completed on a timely basis.
- Work with the Operations management team to define new processes to support specific client requirements and execute strategies to completion.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the business
- Seek opportunities to automate, standardize, and streamline the product / client implementation, tracking the process for Business Operations from the point of sale through back office implementation, providing a full audit trail of the entire implementation process. Delivery of presentations to potential new clients demonstrating why IFDS should be their strategic partner
- All employees are accountable for the delivery of a Quality service, driving for excellence in all their work activities:
- To be quality driven, aiming for 100% accuracy and timeliness of delivery;
- To effectively plan the way services are delivered so that all activity is directly related to providing quality services and meeting the expectations of the client (internal and external);
- To continuously review processes and practices relating to the role and act as a catalyst for change and improvement in individual and team performance;
- To observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties;
- To communicate and promote the values which reinforce and support a consistent quality culture.
- To adhere to company values of Professional, Accountable, Client Focused, Excellence and Leadership in all tasks and interactions
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Must be willing to travel as part of the role - mostly between Ireland, Lux and UK.
Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role. Essential
- In-depth Transfer Agency Operational knowledge
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong Analytical skills - able to accurately identify, document and recommend solutions to complex business problems
- Innovative/Creative thinker - seeks out continuous improvement. Develops solutions and new ways of thinking about challenges, finds opportunities
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Expert knowledge of TA applications
- Requires comparative product knowledge and industry knowledge; knowledge of financial investment markets, trends and competitive framework.
- In-depth understanding of the standard rules, regulations and legislation surrounding the mutual fund administration industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills including initiative, accountability, credibility, and consensus building.
- Ability to manage direct and indirect reports in a virtual team setting
- Extensive work experience in a similar, client-facing role.
- Detailed understanding of mutual fund products and thorough understanding of distribution channels and requirements in terms of client and product needs in investment management market.
- Very strong verbal and written skills, as well as high level of interpersonal skill to interact with senior business professionals.
- Well-developed decision making, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to engage internal stakeholders across a number of different functional areas.
- Client Service orientation, with a proven ability to work with clients and internal groups to diagnose and develop solutions. Delivers as promised
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from qualitative client feedback or large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and develop new proposals/solutions.
- Proven project management skills, with strong attention to detail and flexibility to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with meticulous attention to detail
- Positive impact - performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level, a problem-solving approach, approachable; and the ability to act with a sense of urgency when required.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation project life cycle is preferred.
- Proactive in acquiring information to develop new skills to improve job performance; grasps new material quickly and easily, and applies new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to enhance process improvement capabilities.
- Understanding of investment concepts and the ability to communicate a working knowledge of investment strategies and products
- Knowledge of the mutual fund processing and quality control; call centres and the administrative back-office.