Operations, Summer Intern, Institutional Client Group, Dublin, Ireland
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars' worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill. Success Profile
You'll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity Analytical Adaptable Logical Quick-thinking Multi-tasker Efficient Responsibilities You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
The Operations Summer Analyst 2022 Programme provides the opportunity for new employees to both learn about the Financial Services Industry and develop the necessary professional competencies to be successful within ICG Operations.
As technological breakthroughs rapidly shift the frontier between the work tasks performed by humans and those performed by machines and algorithms, global markets are undergoing major transformations. These transformations are providing new challenges for Financial Operations Analysts as Citi seeks to be the best for its clients, to harness new and emerging technologies to reach higher levels of efficiency, to expand into new markets, and compete for a global increasingly digital client base.
The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Operations support the Capital Markets Investment Banking arm of Citi as well as Cash, Trade and Cards businesses. Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and provides full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars' worth of trades, and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill. Your time here will look something like this...
The ICG Operations Summer Analyst Programme is designed to impact operations process modernisation and transformation with innovative solutions and technical efficiencies. The programme embraces modern learning practices and is based around a winning combination of: business-simulations, team-based challenges and projects to reinforce new skills, self-directed study with access to industry leading materials We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
This Summer Analyst Programme is a 10-week program and typically starts in June each year. Summer Analysts are eligible to participate in Citi's mentorship programme, which will provide further training and guidance throughout the programme.
The programme covers the knowledge and key skills you need to thrive in the financial operations workplace of the future:
* Banking and Financial Markets, Asset Classes, Trade Flows, Risk Management and Regulation
* Professional skills including complex problem solving, critical thinking, client delivery and emotional intelligence
* Technological literacy including analytics and automation
Why Operations is a great career path
* Opportunity to work in partnership with teams from across the Bank to help develop and manage products, processes, and services in ways that maximise profitability while minimising risk
* Play a critical role in providing a series of common products and services across Citi's lines of business and geographies, including Risk and Control, Anti Money Laundering, Procurement, Expense Management, and Employee Services. We want to hear from you if...
* You are in your penultimate year of university (Graduation date in Summer 2023)
* On course for a minimum 2:1 in your chosen degree
* You apply a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency; while seeking new and innovative ways to support our clients changing needs
* You bring a fresh perspective to actively drive change
* You have effective written and oral communication skills and strong analytical skills/Microsoft products
* You have a strong record of achievement (academic and otherwise)
* You have a passion for exquisite customer and client service
* You have a flexible and hardworking approach. Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn and be successful in a team environment
* Strong communication and organisational skills
* Analytical and quantitative skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision
* Strategic thinkers and solutions orientated
We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based in a Citi Office in Dublin, Ireland.
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer