Operations Support Manager
Irish Progressive Services International (IPSI) is a member company of the FNZ Group.
Since its formation in 1998, IPSI has become one of Europe's leading providers of third-party services to the life assurance industry. Our ambition is to continue our growth by continuing to offer excellent service to our existing clients, by acquiring new clients and by extending the range of services on offer. The Job:
The Operations Support Manager is responsible for assisting in the delivery of the overall service proposition for the IPSI Operations department. Please note that this role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Excellence, Actuarial & Client Financial Reporting and Accounting, the key responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior management to set up the MI and reporting capabilities across operations (process/systems) that drive operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Collation and circulation of Operational KPIs on a monthly basis
- Collation and circulation of Service Level Agreement metrics on a monthly basis as appropriate to Operations
- Coordination and reporting on the Business Continuity Programme as appropriate to Operations
- Coordination, delivery and reporting on the quarterly GDPR obligations as appropriate to Operations
- Managing the overall ELR process, triaging errors to ensure errors are closed in a timely manner, keeping management and clients up to date on progress to resolution
- Completing Root cause reviews and develops corrective actions on error management, devising training and improvement action plans that reduce incidents of errors
- Working with senior management to ensure change releases into operations are fit for purpose
- Representing IPSI at client operational meetings, where required
- Team management duties including performance management
- Coordination and reporting on the delivery of outstanding Audit / Compliance actions across Operations
- Coordination, deliver and reporting on the administrative tasks associated with the Operations workforce (c90 staff)
- Overseeing and reporting on the delivery of ad-hoc departmental projects across Operations
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager
The ideal candidate will have an excellent academic record, the ability to work in a fast-moving-environment and the interpersonal skills required to interact with the Operations Management Team and staff. They will also have:
- An Operations expert, ideally with process efficiency skills and qualifications
- Significant experience in developing MI and KPI solutions that lead to continuous improvements in operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Track record in delivering efficiency savings
- A very high level of energy & drive, and lead by example.
- Have appropriate management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to articulate complex messages in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Ability to build and develop multi-layer relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritise and multi-task during the course of the business day.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are essential
- Have a proven track record in working to tight timelines in a team environment.
- Be highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate flexibility