I currently have an exciting Acquiring Director / Payments aligned role in the Dublin market, for a leading financial services group.
The role is a senior leadership position which is strategic and commercial, leading the EU payment acceptance growth strategy.
Candidates MUST have previous leadership experience and be working for a licensed payments business and be able to demonstrate a track record of regulatory partnership within Ireland.
This is a key hire for the business and as such you will be leading the Executive Committee and acting as an Executive Director to the board, so managing expectations at a senior level will be essential and a key part of this role.
This is also a hybrid role which would mean that the candidate could have a broad background and experience across areas such as Sales / Strategy / Operations / Legal and Business Management.
To be successful in the role you will have knowledge of the payment acceptance markets and the wider card industry, understanding of merchants, their needs and behaviours across industry segments and have experience in operating in a regulated environment and managing relationships with regulators.
* You will define and deliver the near- and long-term acquiring strategy.
* You will own the financial performance of the European acquiring business, ensuring delivery of commercial targets.
* You will drive a mutually beneficial relationship with the wider Company's Group to develop future opportunities.
* You will monitor performance in the marketplace and against competition, driving proactive and remedial recommendations to ensure achievement of results.
* You will identify and explore medium/ long term commercial opportunities as an advocate for growth.
* You will be recognized in the payments industry - oversee regulatory commitments, attend external forums and forge strong relationships with 3rd parties to ensure the company's interests are represented.
* You will be responsible for identification of enhancements/ developments and delivery of cost reductions promoting sustainable operational efficiency.
* You will be accountable for the risk and control environment surrounding the acquiring business, ensuring compliance with internal and external rules, regulations and legislation.
Additional Key Requirements:
* Strategic experience with demonstrable track record of delivering coherent and insightful thinking. Proven experience in delivering success through developing visions, translating into strategies and executing at pace.
* Highly effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, articulate & concise in written and verbal communications. Ability to engage and influence senior executives.
* Actively collaborative, promote excellence and best practice.
* Proven effective influencing and relationship management skills, ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholders within industry.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: