Performance Analyst - Investment Stats
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Showing outstanding attention to detail and an analytical mindset, you'll be responsible for providing performance measurement and analysis for all retail funds managed by Fidelity Internatioal. The data you contribute to will be used in external publications, semi-annual and annual report and many internal reports.
About Investment Statistics
The Investment Statistics group provides performance information and portfolio analysis for Fidelity International Limited (FIL) worldwide. The department is located in Dublin, and consists of several teams that provide a variety of investment performance related services and analysis to all areas of the FIL business. Investment Statistics comprises of teams that are responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analysis for over 2000 Institutional and Retail funds. The data provided will include fund and benchmark returns, performance attribution, as well as ex-post risk analysis. Another team will take responsibility for data integrity on the team's core database.
The Initiatives team is responsible for calculating Portfolio Manager Compensation metrics and supporting our GIPS compliance and on providing more complex analysis and supporting senior management reporting.
Purpose of your role
The Retail Team consists of 5 members reporting to a Dublin based Senior Manager, responsible for providing performance measurement and analysis for all retail funds managed by FIL. The team provides data for use in external publications, semi-annual and annual report and accounts, as well as producing a wide variety of analysis and internal management reports. Data provided includes analysis of FIL funds against competitors using external systems such as Morningstar and Lipper.
What you'll do
- Provision of performance data and risk analysis for all retail funds managed by FIL
- Provision of competitor analysis using external systems (e.g. Morningstar, Lipper)
- Responding to a significant volume of ad-hoc queries and requests
- Maintaining fund data on internal and external databases
- Assisting colleagues where required
- Involvement in projects and systems testing as required
Your skills and experience
- Degree in Maths / Statistics / Finance, Econometrics is required.
- Experience in financial services preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong numerical and statistical skills.
- Self-motivated and responsive to a changing environment.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn new skills and continue self-development.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels (up to senior management).
- Team contributor.