We have an amazing opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert to truly flex their skills and experience within our Balance Sheet and Statistical Reporting Division.
As a team we are dedicated to developing you and your career, we can provide quality of work and can give you the tools and guidance to be successful in role. There will also be the chance to enhance your professional experience and skills with opportunities to work across our global organisation.
This unique role sits within our Finance Division, and we are looking for a strong SME for this region who can help to assist with the delivery of our EMEA Balance Sheet and Statistical Reporting Projects. We are seeking an individual with demonstrated experience in business analysis and project delivery within an Agile project framework, with emphasis on platforms and understanding system integration across multiple systems.
We will look to you to gather requirements, analysis and documentation, working closely with the BAU team to understand their requirements. You will work with the software development teams ensure user requirements are clearly understood and developed as specified in the documentation, and effectively prioritise the book of work. You will take ownership of the resolution of defects to ensure the functionality and benefits envisaged are delivered, working with test teams and business.
In addition, you will contribute to data governance by capturing data quality issues and inconsistencies for assessment and remediation. You will look to develop an in-depth understanding of the flow of data through the organisation and contribute, and lead efforts to continually improve the quality of data across Finance platforms. You will participate in process improvement reviews by making suggestions and contributing ideas.
Using your expertise, you can also expect to participate in helping perform system training for new users, or when new functionality is released along with ongoing support for the BAU team on new functionality for a warranty period post project release. About you:
You will have experience working on projects in the financial services industry. You will also have:
About the Financial Management Group
- Experience within financial institutions and having worked on statistical reporting projects previously
- Proven experience as a business analyst working on regulatory change projects and/or new platform implementations
- Familiarity with Data modelling EBA taxonomy and / or Axiom would be highly advantageous
- BAU experience in statistical reporting would be well-regarded (i.e., FINREP, AnaCredit, RUBA)
- Strong technical skills including strong familiarity with databases, data modelling, SQL, and analytics tools such as PowerBI and Tableau. Advanced Excel skills. Exposure to Alteryx is a bonus.
- Experience working with systems processing large volumes of data, and the controls required to manage such systems, including data quality concepts, will be well regarded
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for data and keenness to understand data definitions and usage, and the end-to-end flows
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to interface with a broad cross-section of individuals
- Proven ability to take ownership and accountability for deliverables, balanced by sound professional judgement
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.