PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description
We are looking to add a Portfolio Associate to our Short Term Desk support team, based in Dublin. As a Portfolio Associate you will support Portfolio Managers in the European trade floor, across the spectrum of short term investment strategies. The candidate will build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management and Account Management in the firm's Global Offices. The role frequently interacts with Account Management, Product Management, Legal & Compliance and Operations. Responsibilities
- Support Portfolio Managers on the European Short Term Desk, in the capacity of an expert on Fixed Income related matters. In partnership with the front-office your responsibilities with include but not be limited to;
- Working with European short term desk portfolio managers to manage the firms liquidity needs.
- Re-balancing of portfolios to model / target weights
- Trade allocations and compliance; with a focus on trade sizing and monitoring of client portfolios' position weights and product versus client guidelines
- Trade processing; trade order management generating trade execution studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and reviewing benchmarks and ensuring pre- and post-trade compliance
- Partner with Technology to keep processes accurate and up-to-date, mitigate risk, and enhance applications as needed.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other related analytical field from a leading university or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical skills in Fixed Income.
- Prior experience in Fixed Income Trade Assistant, Portfolio Support, Risk or Operations role / capacity preferred
- Advanced abilities in Excel, Bloomberg and Python skills would be highly beneficial
- Proven ability to operate efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, with outstanding analytical skills to solve problems in a timely basis
- Ability to interact and communicate flawlessly with experienced Portfolio Managers to articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment and to deliver towards tight deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.