Position Services Senior Analyst
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will be responsible for the daily monitoring of all generated trade and position reports containing fund data, ensuring all SLA's are met. You'll monitor and provide quality control for transmissions on a daily basis, manage change requests and respond to client queries in a timely manner.
Position Services is responsible for supporting the consumers of position data, comprising securities, derivatives and cash that have been sourced from Investment Services & Fund Accounting (ISFA) systems. The key responsibilities of the team includes the oversight of Client Reporting and of the holdings reconciliations between the Invest 1 accounting records, trading systems and position service ensuring that any discrepancies are resolved and escalated as appropriate. The team will provide oversight of the escrow process including proactive management of the escrow universe, ensuring that trading systems correctly reflect the current tradable position. A key service deliverable of the team will be to handle position, cash and escrow related queries received from various key stakeholders and responding to these within agreed service levels.
Position Services is responsible for the daily monitoring of all generated trade and position reports containing ISFA data ensuring all SLA's are met. Monitor and provide quality control for transmissions on a daily basis. To manage change requests and respond to client queries in a timely manner.
What you'll do
Your primary role will be to support the Manager in the oversight of the daily delivery of the core services provided by the Position Services team across UK and Asia.
Core responsibilities are;
- Position and Trade reporting - To ensure that daily reporting for internal and external FIL customers is produced and delivered within agreed timeframes and standards. Undertake any necessary reconciliations to ensure that data is accurate within the reports
- Client reporting - Working with new clients to on board reporting, this involves significant development and testing experience, you will be required to review reporting requirements and work with developers to ensure that accuracy of the reporting for the fund launch
- Position and Cash queries - Investigating and responding to queries received from the consumers of ISFA position data related to security, derivative and cash holdings.
- Holdings Reconciliation - To ensure that when the Position Service overwrites the securities holdings in the trading system that they are all correct and that any differences are logged onto the database for investigation by the relevant ISFA team. Also to ensure that the legacy holdings reconciliation processes for Invest1 to AS400 and Insight are completed.
- Escrow Processing - To ensure that any escrow updates are correctly processed into the appropriate trading system. Any requests that are n'acked are repaired and any issues resolved with the escrow originator. Provide support for any queries received from the Front Office related to share availability. Proactive management of the escrow universe ensuring that trading systems correctly reflects the current tradable position.
What you can expect
- To support change and project initiatives, Testing and project experience is a requirement for this role.
- To ensure that daily reporting for FIL customers is produced and delivered within agreed timeframes and standards. Undertake any necessary reconciliation to ensure that data is accurate within the reports.
- To support and undertake, as needed, the daily holdings reconciliation reviews ensuring any issues are logged and tracked until resolution.
- To support and undertake, as needed, the resolution of escrow related queries.
- To support and undertake, as needed, the investigation and resolution of cash and position related queries.
- Contractually 37.5 hours per week with potential for shift patterns. Bank holiday coverage is required for this role.
Who you are
- Previous relevant experience in the financial services sector with a strong customer service outlook.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines: must be able to handle, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks, issues, and problems, ensuring resolution.
- Basic understanding of financial instruments across equity, fixed income and derivative asset classes.
- Experience of testing and development, with ability to interpret reporting requirements from clients and translate this to internal developers, manage communication between internal technology teams and external clients in an efficient manner ensure that deadlines are adhered to at all times
- Experience of reconciliations, trade management or accounting functions either operationally or from an oversight perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with all levels of personnel, including senior executives.
- Self-starter - Dynamic "can do" approach with a strong desire to make things happen.