is a leading global provider of asset management and investment technology solutions. The company's innovative solutions help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and affluent families create and manage wealth. SEI is a people focused organization which encourages and recognizes employee development as being a critical component in the provision of excellent client service. An open, collaborative and detail oriented environment underpins this business objective.
position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration unit of SEI. This individual will be required to work closely with other members of the Private Equity Team to help grow a dedicated Private Equity team in a high growth area of SEI. This individual will be responsible for interacting with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Candidates must have a good understanding of Private Equity / Real Estate structures and related investment types and will ultimately be the main day to day contact for a number of Private Equity clients. What you'll do:
What you bring to the table:
- Serve as main daily client operational contact for a number of PE clients.
- Develop relationships with all client contacts including investment professionals, investors, lawyers, auditors and banking personnel.
- Supervise staff accountants on systems, processing, procedures and job responsibilities;
- Train, coach and mentor new employees, develop and motivate staff within their team;
- Provide input and feedback regarding employees' ongoing performance / development / performance appraisals;
- Review and approve work performed by fund accountants / analysts;
- Review or prepare quarterly Management accounts for each structure
- Review or prepare capital call and distribution calculations and notices
- Review or prepare Investors Capital Statements and relevant calculations
- Understand, prepare and review waterfall calculations.
- Coordinate annual fund audits.
- Problem, error and query resolution on a timely basis (with documentation);
- Meet all reporting deliverables;
- Enforce adherence to department procedures, service standards and specified deadlines;
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of operational service model;
- Maintain a good working relationship with external clients as well as with internal relationship managers and other business units within SEI;
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental procedures;
- Carry out all duties assigned to your role under the Company's Safety Statement, to ensure Health, Safety and Well-being for all employees for whom you have responsibility;
- Work on Projects / Adhoc tasks as required.
Attributes we value:
- At least 5 years' experience in a Fund Administration role with at least 2 of those working in a Private Equity role.
- ACCA qualified preferable but not essential
- Experience in working on a Private Equity accounting system, preferably Investran.
- Have a strong knowledge of Private Equity structures, regulatory requirements and waterfall calculations
- Have experience in reviewing Limited Partnership Agreements and OM's
- Experience in supervisory skills and/or coaching / mentoring;
- Fluency in English Language (both verbal and written) essential;
- Third Level Degree in Finance or related field (desirable)
Benefits you can expect:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage time to maximize efficiency and to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English Language (both verbal and written) essential.
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Positive 'can do' attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
- Team player who is flexible & adaptable.
- Someone who will embody our SEI Values of courage, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, connection and fun.
Benefits include healthcare for yourself, your spouse and any dependents under 18 years old. Life Assurance & Group Income Protection. Education Assistance, Sports Club Membership, Tax Saver Travel Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Paid Volunteer Days per year, Employee Share Participation Scheme and Competitive Annual Leave Entitlement. SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, educational assistance scheme and actively encourage work life balance.