Private Equity and Real Assets, Officer
Who we are looking for
position is within the Private Equity & Real Estate Fund Services (PERA) Fund Accounting Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group.
The Officer will interact with all levels of professionals, internally and externally. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
Responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the completion of Net Asset Valuations (NAV) across our Private Equity/Debt Fund Structures.
will be responsible for team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing client deliverables and contributing to the development of the team and the organization. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for As Private Equity and Real Assets-Officer you will Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
What we Value
- Direct and indirect management/supervision of PERA Fund Accounting staff
- Supervise and review the work performed by PERA Fund Accounting staff, in Ireland and other locations as applicable
- Manage internal workflows to ensure internal and client deadlines are met
- Manage expectations with client contacts
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial work papers; including portfolio schedules, accrual schedules, profit & loss schedules, and partner capital allocations
- Prepare and/or review investor capital call and distribution calculations; including the review of investor notices
- Process Fund Sub-Closes on accounting systems or accounting workpapers
- Prepare and/or review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Prepare and/or review quarterly management fee calculations, and other Fund calculations as applicable
- Prepare and/or review client related correspondence
- Coordinate annual audit with Fund Auditors
- Prepare and/or review Fund Waterfall calculations and Partner Capital Account allocations
- Review Fund governing documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements and Offering Memoranda, to ensure consistency with accounting procedures and calculations in use
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Participate in ad-hoc client/internal projects as required
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Coordinate client deliverables, both with clients and internally, such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Assist team in ensuring all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with governing documents
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals. Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
- Assist with planning and management of ah-hoc client and corporate project work
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities across the team
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
Education & Preferred Qualifications Requirements:
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance and behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Schedule and conduct team meetings
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- Manage the administration billing process
- Review and delivery of client KPIs
About State Street What we do.
- Candidates must have a University degree (an Accounting degree strongly preferred; Business, Mathematics, Finance or Economics degree required)
- Prior accounting system experience required.
- iGLS/Geneva system experience desirable
- ACA/ACCA qualification is desirable, but not required.
- Private Equity, Private Debt, Hedge Fund or Real Estate experience desirable
- Previous Fund Accounting or corporate accounting experience, including supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel/MS Word/MS PowerPoint
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build, train and manage effective teams
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers