Job Description Who we are looking for
The Problem Manager role is part of the Problem Management function within Global Production Management. Problem Management provides a follow the sun support model to manage, co-ordinate, and drive problem investigations. What you will be responsible for
As Problem Manager, you will:
What we value
- Coordinate the Problem Management investigations of critical Major Incidents utilizing technical and business resources
- Execute the Problem Management process tasks in adherence with global standards
- Drive governance around problem management to ensure that a problem ticket is opened, escalated, updated and closed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate bridge calls along with representatives from internal and client infrastructure support teams and vendors to drive ownership, monitoring, tracking and communications of all problem records towards Root Cause Determination and Remediation
- Assist in creation, assignment, and resolution of tasks to continually improve the predictability of service and enhance service offerings.
- Communicate to a global audience, including executive management, providing details of the problem investigation and publishing Postmortems
- Interface with key stakeholders in a high-pressure environment, with the ability to engage individuals across a range of backgrounds and levels of seniority to understand what had happened and on preventative measures
- Analyze appropriate incidents and event tickets for trends and proactive problem management opportunities and create assign and track associated ad-hoc records with the assigned problem owners.
- Maintain and enhance the documentation and communication of the Problem Management Process
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Breadth of knowledge across infrastructure and application processes, areas, and technologies (Network, Security, Open Systems, Mainframe, Storage, Database, Middleware, Cloud, End User Computing, and Application)
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly identify and summarize key findings to various stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate across multidisciplinary / multicultural teams across countries and regions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to listen and understand without interruption and remain calm and composed, especially in stressful situations
- Good stakeholder management, able to work well under pressure and deal with demanding stakeholders across the business
Technical Bachelor's degree and 8 or more years of experience in Problem management Additional requirements
ITIL Certification V3 or higher Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/career