The Product Management Team is a part of the wider Product & Marketing Function for Mediolanum Group investment businesses based in Dublin. These consist of Mediolanum International Funds Limited ('MIFL'), a Manager and Promoter of Cross Border UCITS & Alternative Investment Funds and Mediolanum International Life dac ('MIL') a Cross Border Life undertaking.
The role will suit an enthusiastic professional with a minimum of two to three years relevant work experience within the insurance industry and/or interested in furthering their career within Product Management (Governance, Project Management & Documentation) with exposure to Distribution Oversight and Product Development. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent organisation and communication skills (both verbal and written) and be comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders as well as outsourcers in dispersed geographic locations. Duties
• Supporting the Governance and Oversight structures for Product control including Product Committees for Insurance products (typically unit-linked funds) with potential to work with mutual funds (primarily UCITS) as well as co-ordinating reporting to and seeking approvals from Board level
• Support Product Development and implementation of insurance products, including new product launches and reviews with the aim of evolving the product offering;
• Following Regulatory approval to undertake responsibility for local management and oversight of Distributor documentation management, including version control and distribution.
• Involvement in cross functional project management for the delivery of important product related initiatives such as new product launches and reviews, process re-engineering and automation projects.
• Perform market research and competitors analysis on a regular basis with the objective of identifying market trends, understanding competitors' product ranges, and understanding clients and distributors requirements
• Have a key role in Distributor oversight including coordinating monthly review meetings, undertaking regular product reviews, inputting into regular Distributor due diligence etc.
• Keep abreast of and maintain up to date knowledge of local regulatory requirements for insurance products in Italy (initially for IVAAS/CONSOB) and eventually develop further knowledge on other distribution jurisdictions
• Input into the work of the broader department as and when required. The broader department is responsible for
o Product Development and existing product enhancements based on market intelligence and structured product reviews
o The production of marketing collateral to support the commercial positioning and distribution of MIL and MIFL investment solutions
o Business Development including the development and delivery of Distributor supports to commercialise MIL & MIFL products Skills & Competencies
• Fluent English and Italian an absolute requirement with competency in one of the following additional European languages (Spanish or German) a definite advantage
• Be a flexible, independent, self-starter, detail oriented with accuracy a pre-requisite, as are strong organisational skills, negotiation skills and ability to work well colleagues within and outside the department; Qualifications & Experience
• Have a minimum of two to three years relevant experience within the insurance industry with insurance documentation management / product management / product implementation experience a major plus;
• Having knowledge or experience of cross-border life Insurance products or similar insurance products with a savings element is a strong advantage;
• Demonstrate reasonable knowledge of regulatory frameworks (such as PRIIPS, IDD, CONSOB, IVASS) and/or processes around the development of legal and financial product documentation as well as an overview of the investment process and associated concepts / terminology;
• Strong academic background in a economics, business or legal related degree;
• Above all a personable individual, service oriented with excellent communication skills, both oral & written as well as advanced levels of Word, Excel & PowerPoint,