Product Governance Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 19
As a Barclay’s Product Governance Manager you will play a key role in developing and driving the conduct and issue management strategy across Transaction Banking Products and Services (TBPS) and Global Lending Group (GLG) - collectively known as Product – for a county or geographical region. You will support the corporate banking regulatory development team in the baselining of regulations and local requirements which impact our products.
Globally, Barclays is a place where you can work alongside some fantastic people, develop your skills and succeed in your career. We hire and develop only the best people in the industry, and our long-term ambitions can only be achieved through close colleague collaboration and a shared sense of respect, integrity and excellence. You’ll thrive here if you prefer the best way, not the conventional way. You’ll also feel at home if you like being in control of your own progression. We'll judge you on your ability and nothing else.
As Product Governance Manager Your Main Responsibilities Will Involve
- Acting as the first point of contact in country/geographical region, on a pan product basis for all conduct, operational risk and product governance matters
- Working with Product and ICB colleagues to develop and deliver a framework to allow the business to effectively understand and manage risk
- Analysing risk events, complaints, refunds and gestures of goodwill data to identify and address thematic issues also providing reporting to UK based colleagues
- Managing owned audit or compliance actions ensuring timely closure
- Working with senior leaders across Product and partners in other key functions to ensure that the framework around all control issues is being actively and effectively managed
- Ensuring any owned audit and compliance risk review actions deadlines and milestones are met
As Product Governance Manager your skills and qualifications will include:
- Broad financial services experience with knowledge of corporate banking products and the financial services regulatory environment
- Experience influencing and negotiating with a broad set of stakeholders
- Significant experience of engaging with senior management teams
- Proven change management capability, displaying ability to drive projects/work streams independently and with limited business direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail are required
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process