Project Manager - 6 Month Contract
Mediolanum are currently working on two significant projects for their insurance business: to migrate the current fund accounting service provider to a new vendor; and to internalise, streamline and increase the efficiency of the corporate accounting process which is currently outsourced. We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to lead the core workstreams of the projects on an interim basis. This is a contract role with an initial 6-month period commencing as soon as possible. Duties
• The Project Manager will work closely with senior management, business leads, and key suppliers to manage delivery of the key phases of the projects
• Establish and maintain the projects plans by confirming project scopes, milestones, tasks, timelines, estimates, resources, roles and responsibilities
• Monitor and control execution of projects and provide leadership and decision-making support through the established projects governance mechanisms
• Run the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly governance meetings including weekly status meetings, steering paper preparations, with internal and external suppliers, and production of related projects reporting materials
• Obtain sign-off on final deliverables for key stages of the projects
• Engage with all relevant 3rd party service providers for delivery of their key deliverables and ensure that the vendor has clear understanding of what needs to be delivered clarifying any queries/issues. Also, work with the vendor and liaise with business units to ensure that dependencies are identified and reflected in the plans
• Ongoing management of the risks, issues, plans, tasks and key milestones
• Vendor engagement through key test execution phases of the projects Skills & Competencies
• Be self-driven with the ability to work on own initiative and operate in a structured and organised manner.
• Strong leadership and management skills and experience
• Experience of working at senior levels in an organisation
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
• Experienced in working with key stakeholders/subject matter experts to identify dependencies, risks, issues
• Ability to communicate to business stakeholders in non-technical terms.
• Experienced in dealing with 3rd party providers to communicate the plan, deliverables, milestones and key dependencies
• Strong Financial Services background/experience to include experience in the life insurance sector in addition to funds and asset management areas. An understanding of Front Office, Operations, Finance, Compliance & Risk would be very beneficial.
• Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across the organisation. Qualifications & Experience
• Strong experience working as a Project Manager. Minimum 10 years' experience.
• Good experience of outsourced financial services for the life insurance business, platforms and processes.
• Experience using project management tools
• Understanding of Data Warehouse logic, accounting frameworks and SAP accounting software would be a significant advantage.
• Project Management Certification would be an advantage
• Knowledge of systems integration delivery and related testing phases