Project Manager - (GDPR) (9 MONTHS FTC)
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
A leading Irish brand requires a General Data Protection Regulation project manager to lead and drive the organising of the activities required to ensure the company’s compliance within the GDPR Regulations for a 9 Months FTC.
GDPR Project Manager
To work with both internal and external stakeholders to define, plan and drive key technical projects as part of our GDPR compliance programme. The project will span technical and operational changes to various systems/platforms, business process and documentation across the organisation. The Project Manager should have a background in IT, compliance, business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
Responsibilities of the Job-Holder:
The core responsibility of the Project Manager will be to define, plan and deliver mainly technical initiatives arising from our GDPR compliance programme over the next 9-12 months.
- Oversee project(s) delivery and governance – day to day accountability from initiation to implementation
- Deliver both technical and operational controls as part of the GDPR compliance programme across all relevant business areas.
- Work with a wide range of people and teams – in particular IT, legal, compliance, HR and Finance functions to gather the requirements following an initial gap analysis.
- Align requirements gathering, analysis, development, infrastructure and test teams while tracking several key 3rd parties/suppliers to deliver releases/work packs with maximum efficiency
- Coordinate 3rd Parties and interdependencies including technical, design and business suppliers
- Manage project scope - set roadmap, track tasks, manage timelines, prioritise deliverables, produce plans and conduct risk assessments.
- Produce, manage and coordinate compliance and all relevant project documentation.
Identify, document and update new/existing procedures and controls that need to be in place to meet GDPR requirements
Report and present project status to various stakeholders within the organisation
Become familiar with PLI’s data processing, data retention and data warehousing technologies – how the business uses data both online and offline
Manage risk issue logs while updating mitigation plans.
Facilitate meetings, workshops and other communications as required during the programme
Have a solution focused approach to problem solving
- A relevant diploma/degree
- Project Management Qualification (PRINCE2 / Agile)
- 6 + years proven track record in technical and business project management – preferably
- with experience in regulatory change projects and/or experience within the Lottery, Gaming
- or banking industry. Experience of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience in a data protection role or in a compliance role with data protection
Special Skills or Knowledge
- A good understanding of data protection law, in particular, Data Protection Act (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how they apply in a business environment such as PLI
- A business analysis, change & risk management, consulting or technical/development background
- Familiar with information governance and information security concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Clear and effective communication skills – both at technical and non-technical levels
- Solid organisational skills including attention to details and multi- tasking skills. Extensive decision making and an ability to prioritise
- A professional, engaging, influential, flexible and measured demeanour
- All candidates should be proficient with modern office technologies including proficient in
- project management tools.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience of software
- development and web technologies
- Knowledge of OneTrust is an advantage
Working Relationships: Internal, GDPR Programme Manager, Heads of department, Legal & Corporate Affairs, IT, Finance and Sales & Marketing, External Suppliers, Contractors, Service providers
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description
please contact Ciaran on 01-8746770.
Or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 8th February 2018