As an experienced Project Manager you'll be expected to work on Resourcing, Financials, Budgeting, Forecasting and project governance including reporting for Data Strategy and Data Governance.
Purpose of your role
This role is for an experienced Project Manager to work within the Shared Data Services Data Governance team. The successful candidate will be expected to work on Resourcing, Financials, Budgeting, Forecasting and project governance including reporting for Data Strategy and Data Governance. As such, the role requires a high level of flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential to communicate effectively and appropriately to both business users and systems colleagues at all levels.
The role requires close working with colleagues in the UK offices as well as in India and Dalian. This demanding role would perfectly suit a dynamic individual looking to work in a fast paced environment to ensure the smooth running of business critical team.
Resource Management: Track project demands and resource allocations; facilitate management approvals and coordinate resource procurement and on-boarding (need based). The main tasks are listed below-
- Demand forecasting: Maintain a view of project resource demands, against which resources are allocated to projects.
- Resource tracking: Maintain resource master tracker for the portfolio.
- Facilitate management approvals for hiring, contract extensions, role upgrades, organisation change notifications etc.
- Managing Projects and allocations of Resources in Clarity Tool.
Financial Management: Coordinate financial management activities of the projects and programme. The main tasks are listed below-
- Annual CTB budget-setting process: Work with the project managers to understand various project level demands, prepare portfolio level forecasts and coordinate submissions and reviews with Sr. Management & Business Finance.
- Review utilisation and re-forecast: On a monthly basis tracking of actual project cost, variance against the approved budget, re-forecasting future cost.
- Clarity / Timesheets: The tool 'Clarity' is used for time booking. The PMO coordinate project set-up & resource allocation in Clarity and track time booking and utilisation.
- Financial analysis: Comparing Month End Actuals with Forecast and highlighting significant variances. Analysis of hours filled on different projects/Portfolios.
Management Information/Reporting: Preparing different Dashboards and reports that impact the decision making for Top management.
- Dashboards for Strategy programme, Pipeline Review Meetings, Month End submissions.
- Hiring Dashboards and Vacancy trackers.
- Headcount Reports, Clarity Allocation and Project reporting.
- Timesheet Defaulter reports.
- Utilization and Capacity management reports
Process Analysis and improvements:
- Analysis of programs that include pipeline improvement initiatives. This involves working on Financial reports, Risk reports, Resource hours and timesheet booking analysis.
- Provide management operations support and reporting to leadership to help them run their portfolios understand key performance metrics and drive performance improvements.
- Analysis of open vacancies and hiring reports which are further used for cost control measures by top management.
Project Governance & Delivery: The project managers own and manage their respective projects. The PMO look after portfolio level governance and also provide need based internal consultancy. The main activities are outlined below-
- Delivery: The PMO support portfolio and programme level planning, redundant processes and delivery alignments. Ensure that projects align with in the budget constraints, review of delivery schedule and outstanding demands with different stakeholders.
- Tracking: The PMO maintain project delivery milestones for the portfolio. These help drives status tracking and forecasting. The risk and issue log gives visibility on portfolio level risks and facilitates review / escalation as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of Hands on experience in Project/Programme management particularly around Data related projects will be beneficial
Essential Skills / Experience
- Proficient experience in MS Excel is a must(Hands on in applying Pivot tables, Vlookup, Hlookup, Macros etc)
- Working knowledge of tools like Clarity, Sharepoint, Workday and Directa is preferred
- Experience and Knowledge of MS Office tools like Power Point, Visio, MS Word etc.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Excellent data capturing skills and orientation to detail
- Experience in handling large volume of data in Excel Spreadsheets.
- Good Project Management and coordination skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload in a pressurised and deadline driven environment, operating within tight timeframes
- Proactive, hands-on with can-do approach
- A positive, flexible and proactive approach
- Strong team player