Your new role as technology project manager is an internal customer facing and delivery focussed role with responsibility for the end to end delivery of technology change for the business.
FIL GBO Technology Group is responsible for providing IT solutions to the Global Business Operations (GBO) group across FIL locations. The GBO group comprises of a number of departments and services that are already in existence (Transaction Processing, Fund Accounting, Asset Servicing, Asset Valuation, Data Management and Operational Support). The GBO Technology group supports existing applications as well as building new applications & services as envisaged.
Purpose of your role
- This is an internal customer facing and delivery focussed role with responsibility for the end to end delivery of technology change for the GBO business. This role will be focussed on both delivering new application services to existing customers along with the enhancement and maintenance of current services.
- Working for the Programme Manager you will be responsible for managing the delivery programme for technology products, working with business stakeholders to define a technology roadmap.
- This is a high profile, highly visible role within a demanding technology environment, driving a cultural shift towards innovation and would suit a high energy individual with strong delivery skills backed up with a strong understanding of Asset Management.
- Take ownership and delivery responsibility for key, large scale projects within the GBO portfolio, and maintain a release schedule for each product line.
- Deliver technology solutions which are aligned to our strategic roadmap and long term Business needs
- Align with our Business and lead our technology teams to ensure that solutions are robust and appropriate
- Work with the Programme Manager to ensure that key initiatives are fully integrated into the overall plan of activities for the GBO portfolio
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices within the group across new builds and existing applications/ services
- Foster an environment of innovation, close collaboration and evolution in line with key organisation drivers
- Support the organisational adoption of Agile delivery methodology within both our Technology and Business areas
- As a project manager provide direction to GBO technology delivery and support functions, within a matrix environment
- Identify, communicate and implement appropriate mitigation for project risks and dependencies
- Manage project budgets, ensuring actuals and forecasts are tracked.
- Schedule and run a regular product steering committee.
- Identify key resource requirements, ensuring adequate plans for the recruitment, development and retention of the appropriately skilled resources. Identify future resourcing needs both in terms of skills and numbers, ensure pipeline of resources matches future demand
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with senior leadership within both GBO and the wider FIL organization