At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. Regulatory Change and Projects Officer
The role is part of the Regulatory Change and Projects team within the wider PIA Compliance team.
Reporting to the Regulatory Change and Projects Manager, responsible for supporting the management of PIA Compliance's responsibility for identifying and assessing the impact of Regulatory Change on PIA. It will also involve providing advice on PIA projects where PIA Compliance input is required. The Regulatory Change and Projects team are also responsible for managing interactions with regulators (e.g. Central Bank of Ireland and FCA).
Prudential International Assurance plc (PIA) is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (Home State regulator). The role involves the management of regulatory requirements regarding other countries which PIA actively sells into on a Freedom of Services (FoS) basis as well as via our UK branch. Role responsibilities include:
- Management of interactions with CBI and other regulators (e.g. FCA and PRA)
- Identifying and assessing the scope and impact of Regulatory Change across different jurisdictions
- Communication of Regulatory Changes to PIA management and agreeing required actions with the business to effect change
- Provide proactive compliance advisory services on PIA projects where PIA Compliance input is required
- Draft reports for the Board, Sub- Committees and Management Committees
- Develop/maintain compliance policies, standards and procedures
- Review and approve marketing content from a regulatory perspective
- Represent PIA Compliance on relevant Change Projects and Regulatory Forums where PIA Compliance attendance and input is required, including internal and external forums
- Professional qualification (e.g. ACOI compliance qualification or equivalent)
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. law or accountancy)
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Compliance within a CBI or FCA regulated financial services firm or consultancy firm
- Knowledge and practical experience of Irish and EU regulatory requirements. For example, DORA, SFDR, Solvency II, PRIIPs, IDR.
- Knowledge and practical experience of UK requirements (e.g. Consumer duty) would be a distinct advantage
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines
- Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and adapt to change, tight timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking and ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Clear communicator with ability to explain complicated matters in simple terms
- Track record of building close partnerships with stakeholders
- Excellent report writing skills with a track record of delivery of high quality board/committee papers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including use of Word, Excel, Power-point and Power BI
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.