Regulatory Compliance Officer
We are now seeking a person to join our Compliance team who is experienced in compliance and regulatory affairs and who can display skill, energy and enthusiasm so as to gain a rapid understanding of the compliance and control aspects of our business, and to be part of a small team implementing our compliance plans, strategy and philosophy across the organisation.
A requirement has arisen for support on the completion of the compliance monitoring plan for the business. This position will suit somebody who has worked in a compliance team or formerly held the position of compliance officer. The specific tasks will involve taking ownership for completion of reviews of core business functions and will require the confidence to work closely with the compliance officer for the companies and the managers within the business. Duties
• To provide support to the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance (PCF 12) for the three companies;
• To support the preparation of reports to the Board of Directors on all compliance matters;
• To support in the delivery of the annual Compliance Plan for the Company in line with the best practice and the regulatory requirements (e.g MIFID, UCITS Solvency II and Corporate Governance requirements);
• To conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide status updates on regulatory developments and initiatives applicable to the firms to the Board of Directors and relevant business stakeholders;
- Prior experience in respect of regulatory change tracking and management would be a distinct advantage for this role
• To assist with the completion of all compliance and regulatory monitoring activities scheduled within the compliance team;
• To co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders, track and respond to ad hoc queries and regulatory meetings or reviews from the Central Bank of Ireland
• To draft and review policies and procedures for which the Compliance Department ae the appointed owners, as well as tracking the adoption and update of policies applicable across the firms
• Ad hoc projects as required. Skills & Competencies
• Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act by following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
• Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues in a pro-active way and in a timely way.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment as it pertains to Irish Financial services companies (knowledge of the cross border business would be an advantage but is not required).
• Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
• Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationships.
• Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties.
• Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills. Italian language skills would be an advantage though not essential.
• Self-sufficient in use of Microsoft Office and internet. Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant 3rd Level Degree preferably with a legal content is desirable.
• A formal qualification in Compliance is desirable.
• At least 5/6 years' experience in a compliance or internal audit environment in financial services.