Relationship Support Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 19
As a Barclays Relationship Support Manager we’ll depend on you to effectively support and contribute to the growth of one or more relationship managed portfolios across the Corporate Bank. You will use your excellent relationship management skills to closely work with (not for) one or more portfolio managers to delight customers and maximise overall satisfaction through tailored solutions, as well as identifying future opportunities. An important member of an established and collaborative team, you will work with stakeholders across the bank, furthering your skills and experience in client, business and risk management.
As a Relationship Support Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Support colleagues who relationship manage a portfolio of client to develop and maintain relationships proactively
- Ensure a robust contact strategy is in place to improve or grow client satisfaction. Accurately handle, record and prevent customer complaints in line with our regulatory requirements
- Have an active involvement in the annual review process. Provide additional client contact to embed usage of relevant solutions to make clients lives easier. Proactively role model digital adoption
- Take personal accountability for your own development in order that you can be the best you can be, using development tools and actively sharing your skills and knowledge with your colleagues
- Support colleagues with Acquisition activity by using advocacy, researching potential customers, preparing for meetings and maintaining contact with the RD’s shadow portfolio.
- Ensure that new/existing clients and products are set up on relevant systems. Work with Know Your Client team to obtain all documentation. Adopt any new processes in line with Barclays strategy
- Ensure compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to governance, regulatory compliance (including Financial Crime), operational and legal risk.
As a Relationship Support Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
- An ability to demonstrate excellent customer service. Experience in managing internal stakeholders and strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- A key interest in corporate finance and motivation to progress into relationship management
- Previous experience in a control and rigour environment, including risk management
- A sound understanding of corporate banking products and services
- Proven knowledge of the credit application process and credit risk policies and procedures
- Full or partial Credit Skill Development or School of Finance completed examination preferred
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.