As a Barclays Resilience Lead you will help to develop, maintain and improve a business aligned, efficient and effective, Resilience Programme. You will provide support in terms of crisis management, risk management, provisioning, resilience strategies, IT awareness and business validation. The Resilience team is responsible for ensuring that the Resilience toolsets are maintained, updated and reflective of the businesses preparedness in response to an event, incident or crisis.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting and delivering against the business Resilience strategy
- Assisting the Business to drive the identification and remediation of gaps in Resilience
- Identifying and implementing innovative solutions to mitigate Resilience risks
- Establishing and managing relationships with stakeholders and providing advice to management with regards to business resilience planning and solutions
- Imparting knowledge and experience to highlight potential threats or vulnerabilities
- Influencing and providing input into proposed business recovery capability, solutions and associated expenditure and cost allocations
- Supporting the business in the execution of all testing and validation exercises including live invocations
- Providing regular and timely reports to senior stakeholders and other interested parties, on progress and potential issues with the business resilience plans and solutions
What we’re looking for:
- A proven and effective manager operating in a matrix management model where influencing, negotiating and challenging skills have been highly leveraged
- Proven track record of developing and supporting the implementation of resilience controls that improve the control landscapes
- Experience in business resilience and continuity, theoretical and practical, with a solid understanding of these disciplines within the financial services industry
- Knowledge of working in an ERMF environment with a 3LoD methodology
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities including presentation and influencing, with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Adept at root cause analysis and acts to treat the underlying problem strategically whilst implementing short term tactical solutions
- Knowledge of threats, risks, impacts and associated mitigations as they relate to business resilience within a major banking organization
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory bodies, standards (e.g. FSA ISPB) and industry best practice (e.g. ISO22301, PAS56)
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.