SALM Bank Funding Trader
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Dublin Leinster IE
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
SALM Bank Funding Trader
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: CFO Treasury
An exciting opportunity as a SALM Bank Funding Trader is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing environment in our Dublin office.
This role will be within the Treasury function, Strategic Asset and Liability Management (SALM) who handle cash management, related funding market access and enterprise collateral management as well as debt and equity capital market execution.
You will possess a deep understanding of asset liability management as it pertains to banking as well as nuances related to international entities. Additionally you will have experience working globally within a team across multiple geographies. Intellectual curiosity and ability to drive project goals across functions with minimal oversight is also critical.
(SALM) also covers mortgage loan portfolio management and securitization, quantitative financial analysis, and regulatory policy advocacy.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- SALM teams ensure Bank of America and its global subsidiaries are properly funded at all times by raising, moving, deploying and storing liquidity to meet expected or unexpected current and future cash flow and collateral needs under a range of economic conditions
- In its outward facing role, SALM maintains an active dialogue with ratings agencies, securities dealers, derivative providers, fixed income investors, and other market participants to monitor market conditions and opportunities, regulatory developments, and product innovation
- SALM contributes to the overall safety and soundness of the Company by fostering development, delivery and ongoing refinement of models and infrastructure supporting stress testing and valuation of mortgage servicing rights ("MSRs") and secondary marketing ("SM") exposures to assist in risk management on behalf of the Company
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- You will ideally have significant experience in a similar role, in Treasury department or business unit with exposure to Global Market products, with following characteristics:
- Some experience in a bank or corporate treasury funding environment
- Undergraduate degree with quantitative focus / prefer finance, accounting or engineering major or equivalent experience
- Possibly holds or is studying for an M.Sc., IMC, CFA
- An understanding of the current regulatory environment and liquidity risk framework
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision and effectively prioritise tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, upper management and disparate business partners
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships across the enterprise. Working through different points of view will be part of the job
- General understanding of markets, financial documents, liquidity and risk
- Solid Excel skills are critical; Word and PowerPoint proficiency
- Creative problem solving skills and orientation
- Highly motivated to learn, develop and cross train as markets and regulatory environment are dynamic.
- A genuine interest in financial markets / a commitment to "win"
- Creative problem solver, enquiring mind-the ability to observe, document and improve a process
- Mature and capable communicator
- Capable relationship builder
- Handles Risk
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Communicates with impact
- Takes Ownership and Displays Initiative
- Applies Critical thinking and demonstrates analytical skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.