The Role :
S&P Global Ratings 2023 CREDit Summer Internship Programme is a 10 week summer training programme commencing in June 2023. (Duration and format may vary subject to COVID-19 restrictions) The Location :
Dublin The Team/The Business :
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Business Practice Groups include: Corporates, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Structured Finance, Sovereign and International Public Finance, and Infrastructure. The Impact:
You are responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients. You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organisations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions. You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of secularisation issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
What's in it for you:
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality risk evaluations and analytical information to the world's financial markets.
Summer interns will work with junior and senior analysts within S&P Global and senior management of issuing entities through the ratings process (including ratings committees and management meetings).
You will also complete a group mock ratings committee project for the duration of the summer program. Interns will be provided with an unrated company or entity and will be responsible for all due diligence and research, in order to develop a suggested credit rating for the assigned entity. Interns will present their final recommendation at the end of the internship to a Ratings Committee, comprised of senior business leaders. Responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Learn and understand ratings criteria and methodology
- Assist with preparing required documents for rating committee and issuer management meetings
- Work with assigned summer intern project teams to successfully complete and present during mock ratings committee
- Provide timely and accurate quarterly financial statistics and data analysis
- Assist in reporting, research, presentations and modelling
- Support the team on improvement in execution and ad-hoc writing projects.
About Company Statement:
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of study ONLY
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail and organisational abilities
- The ability and the desire to learn to conduct your own analysis and research
- Fluent command of English Language is essential, and a 2nd European language is desirable
- You must reside in the location of the internship throughout its entire duration
- You must have the right to work in the country of proposed employment.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Interested candidates should visit our career site to submit an application.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277041 Posted On: