Senior Analyst Charles River Data Management-2
About the opportunity Department Description
AMO Data Management is responsible for defining, maintaining and managing security reference data within FIL platforms and databases. This involves liaising with operational and front office areas throughout Fidelity's global operations. There are currently in excess of 190,000 securities which require co-ordination of information flows for Investment Management and middle office Fidelity systems What you'll do
Working within the Data Management team, the Senior Analyst will be expected to assume responsibility for daily operations in addition to driving initiatives aimed at enhancing the data environment within FIL.
The Senior Analyst will be expected to:
What you can expect
- Demonstrate ability to work to strict deadlines within in a very time sensitive environment.
- Understand the technical aspects of financial markets and instruments - with a particular focus on Fixed Income and Derivative Products.
- Ensure that security, issuer and broker data is captured in a timely manner and quickly resolve any data discrepancies. In doing so become an integral contributor to the output of the data management team.
- Actively engage with a variety of initiatives designed to reduce risk and drive operational efficiencies of the team.
- Participate in large scale projects and get involved in a variety of tasks to onboard a new data management platform.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, understand their requirements and ensure that Data Management can deliver on these.
- Constantly review existing processes to identify potential efficiencies and risks.
- Build knowledge of the data flow and architecture within FIL. This knowledge is vital to delivery of services and understanding the potential for process improvement.
- Work with Technology to ensure smooth BAU operations and delivery of development initiatives.
Who you are
- An opportunity to join a new and growing office which offers the successful candidate a chance to be an integral part of the culture.
- An opportunity to work directly with trading desks, portfolio managers and analytics groups and to be the provider of solutions for these groups.
- Ability to work directly with Technology groups to introduce solutions and enhance current processes
- The opportunity to contribute to high level projects within a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
About you About Fidelity International
- Experience working within Asset Servicing, ideally within a data management role.
- Proven track record of working to and meeting numerous and strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- In depth knowledge of financial instruments and markets a definite advantage.
- Experience working with databases and trading platforms - working knowledge of SQL and Charles River preferable.
- Clear understanding of the importance of timely, accurate and reliable reference data.
- Knowledge of accountancy platforms (particularly Invest One) an advantage. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel essential.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Business related qualification strongly preferable.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.