As Senior APEX Developer you will be responsible for working on design and development of new Oracle and APEX applications as well as production support. In addition to this you will act as a trusted technology advisor to the business.
Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for working on design and development of new Oracle and APEX applications as well as production support. In addition to this you will act as a trusted technology advisor to the business, providing guidance and consultancy as required in your area of expertise.
The role will involve regular BAU (Business As Usual) and weekend support for the delivered Oracle and APEX solutions.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Agile design and development of new Oracle and APEX applications
- Enhancements, maintenance and support of existing APEX applications
- Design and development of related Oracle backend application logic using SQL, PL/SQL
- Design and development of ORDS rest based api solutions and other api driven integrations
- Rich user Interface design and development experience
- Database design and application performance tuning
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Excellent development experience using the newer APEX 5.1 and up
- Extensive development experience of SQL, PLSQL ideally in an Oracle 12c/18c environment
- Experience of designing rich user interfaces and use of the Universal Theme
- Good working knowledge of JSON and XML
- A good team worker, with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate activities.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Good analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs (flexible) and learning new skills quickly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with management and other business and technical groups.
- Calm approach when under pressure.
- Customer focused - strong service ethic.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
At least 5 years of application design and development experience including:
- APEX 5.1 and up
- Oracle APEX Jet Charts
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL including extensive use of packages
- ORDS rest api development
- Consumption of third party Rest/SOAP apis from Oracle database
- Performance tuning SQL and PLSQL
- Database design and data modelling
- User Interface Design
- Agile development methodologies
- APEX Template and Plugins design and development
- Apache, Weblogic and middleware configuration
- Service Now Knowledge