Reporting to the CFOO, the Senior Business Manager - Sustainability will play a central role in enabling the Company to build its leadership role in sustainable finance to support the delivery of Government climate action initiatives through the Group’s mandates. A key aspect of the role is to ensure the integration of climate action into business decision-making. This will involve oversight of the implementation of the Companies Climate Action Strategy. The role will require co-ordinating the work of the Sustainability Group to ensure cross unit collaboration and information sharing on climate related matters within the Company’s existing mandates and to help further drive sustainable finance as a competency across the organisation.
· Provide oversight of the implementation and future development of the Group’s Climate Action Strategy to be a Net Zero emissions organisation by 2030.
· Further embed sustainable finance as a core competency
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant Government climate action initiatives and plans as they relate to the Group’s business mandates.
· Provide support to the Sustainability Group to ensure effective cross unit collaboration and information-sharing.
· Promote the work of the Sustainability Group and raise climate action awareness across the organisation.
· Ensure corporate level processes (annual business planning and reporting) support the delivery of the Climate Action Strategy.
· Ensure effective co-ordination of initiatives between Green Team and Sustainability Group.
· Managing reporting obligations under the Government’s Climate Action Plan and other climate related disclosures.
Experience & Qualifications:
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in a public or private sector organisation with a knowledge of financial services
· Third level qualification – ideally in a relevant qualification.
· Knowledge and understanding of Government climate ambitions and Climate Action Plans.
· Demonstrate a keen and well-informed interest in the issues surrounding climate change and government policy, and sustainable finance.
· Recent experience of working in a climate related/ ESG finance focused role preferable.
· Analysis and reporting of climate related data and metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
Please apply with your CV to be considered for this opportunity or contact Melissa Lam on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.