Senior Compliance Analyst (Charles River Development)
Charles River Development (CRD) is a global leader in the Investment Management Technology Industry. CRD is committed to the delivery of leading edge solutions to the investment management community and provides a complete solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform.
Delivered as a hosted service, the solution offers a simplified operating model that improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in 44 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, pension and custody markets.
The company is US headquartered (Burlington, MA near Boston) and maintains principle offices in these major financial centres . Background:
CRD is establishing a Compliance Rule Advisory Service (CAS) in the EMEA region in response to demand from Clients. This is consistent with their continuing investment to ensure that CRD is recognised as the leading provider of solutions in Compliance and Regulation for buy-side asset managers, pension funds, insurers and wealth managers. Role & Responsibilities:
The focus of the role is primarily to provide hands-on delivery of Compliance services to our buy-side clients. It will also play a key role in the development and launch of the service in EMEA region. The role requires strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of Charles River Compliance Rule Advisory Service.
- Assist in developing and evolving standardized, efficient processes in support of Compliance Rule Advisory Services delivery.
- Personally deliver and, once established with multiple resources, help manage the CAS team.
- Perform the following service-related functions for Compliance Services clients:
- Initial service setup/implementation, including business requirements such as regulatory/legal requirements, business processes/workflows, exception management, reporting, and rules of engagement.
- Compliance software rule writing/testing, report writing, exception management.
- Compliance software configuration changes.
- Compliance software upgrade testing.
- Problem troubleshooting, support, and resolution.
- Advising clients on "Best Practices" and optimal use of Compliance software.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory issues in the global market.
- Maintain understanding of current and upcoming rules by analysis or regulatory Consultation papers, Guidance and establishing and maintaining contact with regulatory bodies.
- Keep abreast of regional and global industry trends and regulatory issues.
- Work closely with colleagues in Charles River regions globally to design and deliver regionally-relevant services.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Troubleshoot and provide Compliance issue resolution.
- Assist clients in optimal use of the system.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of internal policies and procedures
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to understand and decipher Prospectus, Statement of Additional Information, Investment Policies and Client Guidelines.
- Knowledge of all types of investments, including complex derivative instruments.
- Experience with investment management Compliance software including functionality, workflows, configuration, rule writing and testing, reporting, exception investigation, and issue resolution.
- General knowledge of database systems and how an automated compliance environment functions.
- Experience with monitoring shareholder disclosure/ foreign beneficial ownership is a plus.
- Compliance related experience with mutual funds, institutional accounts, insurance, hedge funds, private equity, or wealth management.
- Experience interpreting and implementing regulations such as UCITS 3, Solvency II or other regulatory framework within a software platform is essential.
- Experience of multi-jurisdictional issues in EMEA e.g. FCA, Bafin.
- Proficient with UCITS III or IV, The Investment Company Act of 1940, and National Instrument 81-102. (@ min UCITS).
- Knowledge of investment management Compliance including domestic and international regulations and common Compliance department policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-growth, mission critical service delivery environment with multiple projects and tasks with changing deadlines.
- Strong proficiency using windows based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Project.
- People management experience highly desirable or previous experience mentoring or developing people.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Admin, Finance or a Technical Discipline.
- Extensive experience working within the securities trading industry within Investment Management compliance.
- Strong hands-on Compliance Software experience ie a Rule based software system.
- Experience with any of the following software is desired, in order of preference:
- Charles River IMS,
- Non-Charles River Trade Order Management software,
- Middle or Back Office trading applications, or
- Financial applications.
- Fluency in French or German advantageous but not essential