About this role:
Wells Fargo has a new and exciting opportunity to join the Compliance functions of it's EU Credit Institution Wells Fargo Bank International UC (WFBI) based in Dublin as a Senior Compliance Specialist to support the wholesale banking and markets businesses.
Compliance is a second line of defense function that provides independent oversight and related advice and guidance to lines of business in relation to the identification of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements) and management of compliance risks across WFBI. Execution of the function's responsibilities includes credibly challenging management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluating and assessing adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, on compliance risk issues and risk management activities across WFBI.
The Senior Compliance Specialist role will be responsible for undertaking various activities that relate to the execution of the annual compliance plan. The responsibilities of the role will include oversight of compliance risk statement of risk appetite (SoRA), assist with drafting of periodic compliance reporting, execution of monitoring as assigned, coordinate the review and challenge of compliance issues and related activities, assist with development and tracking completion of annual compliance plan, and the maintenance of Compliance risk foundational documents.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required) In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting of periodic or ad hoc reports, to management and governance committees including the Board, Risk Committee, Executive and Operating Committees regarding the overall compliance risk profile, material and emerging compliance risks, and other compliance risk measures.
- Oversight of the business monitoring and reporting against the risk appetite for compliance risks (SORA) including review and challenge of the SORA Key Risk Indicators /Metrics.
- Coordinating the review and challenge of compliance risk related issues, root cause analysis, providing business direction on developing corrective action plans, and identification of cross business impact.
- Monitoring the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies, or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk.
- Execution of compliance monitoring activities as outlined within the annual compliance plan and specific to areas within wider responsibilities.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual compliance plan including the ongoing tracking to ensure timely execution of all key priorities and activities outlined within the plan.
- Ongoing maintenanc of Compliance risk foundational documentation including the Compliance Charter and Compliance Risk Management Programme to align to the group Compliance Program Policy.
- Legal/Regulatory Development: Educated to degree level ideally with 5+ years experience in a top tier investment/wholesale banking and/or securities markets institution, or exposure to financial services regulation through Legal, Regulatory Advisory or Consulting firms.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Knowledge of EU/Irish financial services regulatory environment, and how these requirements apply to wholesale banking and markets business as well as associated products and services;
- Analytical skills: Highly analytical, creative, strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyse complex business issues, identify key risks and controls and to utilize a pragmatic approach to resolve regulatory risk challenges;
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organisational abilities are essential with ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of the firm;
- Team work: Proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple lines of business, support functions or stakeholders, and taking the lead as needs dictate;
- Drive: A self-starter who is proactive and with a demonstrated ability to drive through multiple competing initiatives and prioritise effectively.
- Focus and Integrity: Ability to manage concurrent requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information and issues in a professional and discreet manner in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- IT literate: Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with exceptional PowerPoint skills an advantage. Able to understand or adapt to the use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
We Value Diversity
- Tertiary level qualifications in a Law, Finance or other related discipline essential
- ACOI qualification desirable but not essential
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.