Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. Bloomberg Data Management Services (DMS) delivers comprehensive data utility to the financial markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in data quality, operational process & control, reaction to change and data governance when they on-board to our private cloud - hosted service.
Our team works closely with product, engineering and security groups to build and scale our continuous security program. We help to secure our customer data, application configurations, and infrastructure from growing cybersecurity threats. We deal with all stages, workflows and underlying components supporting the software development life-cycle. You'll have a chance to help introduce and implement industry best practices, continuously improve the development process and drive a culture of security through automation, education, and knowledge sharing. We'll trust you to
You'll need to have
- Work directly with our security, product, and engineering teams to implement CI/CD and security best practices across our private cloud infrastructure and applications
- Continually research, communicate, promote and implement improvements in automation and security technologies, deployments and monitoring
- Drive a culture of security through education, knowledge sharing, and advising/consulting with internal teams
- Support and contribute to internal security policies and processes ensuring organizational, vendor and customer data is secure
We'd love to see
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Prior experience in a DevOps/DevSecOps Engineering role
- Experience securing Linux based infrastructure via configuration management tools (Ansible or equivalent)
- Knowledge of software load-balancers, reverse proxies technologies and associated design patterns
- Experience working with modern continuous integration (CI)/Continuous - Delivery (CD) pipelines and underlying components and workflows, including SCM tools
- Experience working with modern monitoring platforms (e.g. Prometheus)
- Experience with Linux-based systems and containerized environments
- A honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
- Experience with industry-leading secrets management platforms (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Exposure to leading cloud technology (e.g. AWS/GCP)
- Experience with/supporting relational database management platforms
- Prior domain experience in security
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Dublin employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Health insurance for you and your dependents
- Free office snacks and breakfast
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility email@example.com.