We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
We are seeking an experienced C++ Developer to join our Automated Compliance Environment (ACE) Technology team in our Dublin office. This will be our first hire in the region and lead engagement with several key stakeholders including trade compliance, trade support and the rules automation teams in Dublin and other non-US locations. In time, it is expected you will play a crucial role in on-boarding and overseeing new hires as we grow our team.
Your primary responsibility will be designing and architecting distributed services that efficiently process large volumes of transactions and data. You will also participate in code reviews, providing detailed comments to others and receiving thorough feedback on your own code. Testing will be a significant part of your role, including unit, workflow, regression and canary tests. While extensive development skills in C++ is required, we are looking to hire someone with a proactive, automation mind-set with ability to provide first-line support, independently troubleshoot our systems, develop ad-hoc tools and solutions and resolve production issues in real-time. Requirements
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Solid development experience in C++
- Experience developing Distributed Systems
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Excellent communication skills, proactive and motivated to engage with end users
Preferred, but not required experience in some of the following areas:
- Leading a small team (not required at the start but expecting role to grow)
- Cloud development and tools
- Database development
- Linux scripting
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.