Senior Internal Auditor
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Western Union
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
We’re seeking a Senior Internal Auditor, based in our Dublin office. In this role, you will be responsible for specifically contributing to the scoping and execution of various Financial, Operational and Compliance audits, plus additional reviews as required.
You will provide assurance through review and assessment of the control framework operating within various Western Union regulated/statutory entities. Evaluating the implementation of policies and procedures, you will be ensuring that an appropriate compliance culture is being followed by the business. As a member of the Internal Audit team in a Global company, assurance will be provided primarily for the European region, with support also given to the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Assist in the delivery of the Audit Plan, take responsibility for execution and delivery of work in line with it.
• Work as an effective team member by participating in multiple audits and consulting projects, communicating relevant issues and following through on issues encountered.
• Work closely with the Internal Audit Data Analytics team to develop testing strategies, highlight possible data analytics opportunities and drive efficiencies in testing from the use of data analytics.
• Preparing reports to the business/audit management, detailing the results of testing performed and timely completion of associated work papers.
What you will need to succeed:
• Certified/Chartered/CIMA Qualified Accountant
• Accounting experience and working to a closing schedule and communicating with Line Management in a service driven customer focused environment
• Knowledge of Oracle Financials or similar accounting package
• Knowledge of MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What’s in it for you?
• An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
• Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
• An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.