Citco group is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join the team in Dublin.
Senior Internal Auditor
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 7000 employees in 45 countries, we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Citco Banking Corporation is part of the Citco Group of companies, Industry leaders providing Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate firms, Institutional banks, Global 1000 companies, and high net worth individuals globally, with niche financial services and a dynamic focus to help realize the need for a quality counterpart. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The Senior Internal Auditor will work on a broad variety of local and global audit assignments and projects within the organisation as part of the global team and complete evaluations of all systems and processes to mitigate/manage risk. The role offers a unique opportunity to work with a broad scope in a small, global team, where the participation and value-add from each member is key to the success of the Internal Audit function.
- Executes each stage of the audit process, including planning, fieldwork and reporting to management;
- Reports directly to Senior Audit Manager / Business Partner and keeps line manager up to date with emerging issues, audit progress and resourcing information;
- Drives a risk-based approach to the audit process and related reporting;
- Identifies and escalates audit issues, recommending audit gradings for final approval;
- Facilitates issue tracking and validation of closure of audit issues;
- Contributes to the further enhancement of the Group Internal Audit ( "GIA") audit process and involvement in audit methodology projects and supporting GIA management;
- Develops professional relationships with business personnel;
- Maintains expertise and pursues training to keep abreast of new and proposed developments in the auditing field.
- Degree qualified; accountancy, audit, financial or regulatory qualification would be an advantage;
- At least four years relevant experience in an auditing role, preferably within the internal audit function of a global financial institution;
- Knowledge of modern audit best practice and methods is required;
- Capable of understanding the application of a range of audit techniques;
- Knowledge of the TeamMate application and use of CAATs would be an advantage;
- Affinity with Governance, Risk and Compliance related issues;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal);
- Pro-active with good project management and organisational skills;
- Adaptable, reliable and prepared to undertake international travel;
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.