Leading Financial Services Group have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Investment & Data Analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
This is a dual role, the ideal candidate has strong data analytics skills and investment background.
The Senior Analyst will have a high level of investment exposure from the outset. When the Group closes an investment, the monitoring of the investment transitions from the deal team to the Portfolio Monitoring team, where the successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation and standardisation of data.
The individual will be assigned a portfolio of investments, to monitor the economic and financial performance of investments across different sectors.
- Analysis of small/large/complex quantitative and qualitative data sets to maintain investment activities.
- Communicate and present analytical findings to various levels
- Participate in design, testing and implementation activities in relation to the data management systems s.
- Create and present the annual review paper for investments and the review and analysis of investee reports.
- Conducting company and industry research
- Conducting financial statement analysis and assisting in the preparation of valuations for equity investments
- Building effective relationships with wider Group, Investee companies and co-investors as required.
Skills & Experience
- Have a Third Level qualification in Data Analytics, Maths, Statistics or Business
- 2-4 years’ experience in private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, corporate banking, accountancy
- Advanced knowledge & experience in visualisation of data using tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview)
- Knowledge of data models and databases and experience in the extraction of data.
- Experience in production of a variety of reports, dashboards and scorecards
- High level problem solving and financial analytical skills
- A team player capable of managing a number of stakeholders in a professional manner.