About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Northern Trust's legal department consists of more than 80 lawyers worldwide with 29 lawyers located in EMEA. The successful candidate will report into the EMEA Head of Legal for Asset Management, based in London.
We seek an Irish qualified lawyer with significant in-house asset management experience. Candidates will have experience in the lifecycle of UCITS funds and come with significant experience in the formation, management and maintenance of Irish funds. The successful candidate will be experienced working with Irish regulated Management Companies, have knowledge of and experience in the negotiation of a variety of fund and other commercial agreements including, but not limited to; IMAs, Distribution Agreements, third party service provider agreements, Prospectuses, Supplements etc. It would be advantageous for the candidate to have experience in ESG matters. It is important for the successful candidate to have knowledge of regulations impactful to European Asset Managers.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, the candidate will play an important role in the team and will be expected to work closely with other team members and interact regularly with our business colleagues. This role will grant the successful candidate a certain level of autonomy and so we require a motivated and organised team member - someone able to prioritise their workload and who can communicate with senior management. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will provide legal support to Northern Trust Asset Management's Irish fund Management Company. They will be based in Dublin and work closely with the business and wider EMEA legal team.
- Northern Trusts' Irish UCITS platform - advising, drafting and negotiation of fund documentation, investment management agreements, cross-border distribution agreements and other commercial agreements
- Advising business partners, including senior level management and directors of Northern Trust Asset Management's Irish regulated entity related matters
- Supporting the Head of Legal with regulatory, strategic or other legal projects
- Working with external counsel where necessary
- Liaising with other colleagues in the global legal department (both in EMEA, APAC and the US) across Northern Trust's asset management, asset servicing and wealth management business units globally and external counsel to maintain a consistent approach to the policies of the bank in connection with the provision of the services
- Engaging with and supporting Compliance and Risk Management in analysing the requirements of new laws and regulations impacting the businesses and the implementation of processes and procedures in order to comply with such requirements.
Working with Us:
- 8- PQE Qualified Lawyer (Irish qualified is a prerequisite) with demonstrable UCITS experience; Experience working in a reputable and recognised financial services practice or in house legal department of a large asset manager
- Experience of working across Central Bank of Ireland, FCA, EU and regulations
- Experience in lifecycle management of funds - drafting, reviewing and negotiating fund documentation and other core asset management terms
- Able to work with Senior Business Leads across multiple disciplines and international jurisdictions
- A pro-active and diligent team player with the ability to prioritise and work to set deadlines within a challenging environment.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.