Leading Asset Manager with significant presence in Europe is looking recruit for a Senior Legal Professional. The ideal candidate would be coming from a financial services or asset management firm, and has deep knowledge of the Irish fund industry and professional experience working with the Luxembourg fund industry .
This is a critical hire for the organisation and the successful candidate will be joining a very experienced team in a multi-disciplined role.
The Senior Legal Manager will be responsible for the legal function in Ireland and manage legal teams across Europe.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Keeping abreast of legal and regulatory developments that may have implications for business initiatives, strategy and performance of the firm.
- Leading an experienced legal team
- Provide legal advice and guidance to Product Development, Distribution and other front office business colleagues, functional areas and enterprise stakeholders of WFAM, either leading or supporting initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- Relationship management; Acting as the link between Luxembourg and Ireland
- Participating in global fund distribution activities
- Designing investment products for legal distribution across Europe
- Leading global projects and initiatives
- Qualified lawyer with 10 years of in-house experience in a similar role
- Experience working with the Luxembourg fund industry at a Luxembourg or overseas law firm or as in-house counsel within a financial services/ asset management firm.
- Current practicing certificate in the United Kingdom, Luxembourg or other overseas equivalent.
- High degree of expertise and practical application of EU and Luxembourg laws as they relate to UCITS, AIFs and ManCo activities
- A-Z product knowledge
- Excellent diplomacy skills, and deep knowledge of Irish and Luxembourg markets
- Excellent drafting skills
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills with ability to provide practical advice relating to complex regulatory matters.
Please apply for more details or contact Melissa Lam for a confidential conversation