As a Senior Solution Consultant within the Solution Consulting team, this role provides expertise in the following areas:
- Providing up to date knowledge, awareness of current trends and future direction of the UK and broader European Life Assurance Industries.
- Particular focus on the administration of Life Assurance products, both from a system integration point of view and a wider business appreciation.
- Presenting & explaining existing FNZ capability;
- Defining and challenging scope of a project;
- Capturing & documenting customer business outcomes to create requirements, solution designs and agreeing of Joint Target Operating Models;
- Platform integration design;
- Business transformation support and consultancy services;
- Regulations and advice on platform compliance;
- Customer training programmes and knowledge transfer;
- Platform configuration and delivering of FNZ's Model Wealth Insurance Solution (MWIS) process.
- Analyst & Developer handovers and support;
- Functional Reviews & TDD walkthroughs;
- Defining business readiness processes and agreeing SLAsDefect verification;
On top of the above the Senior Solution Consultant role also performs and assists with:
- Propositional Leadership and driving product re-use across FNZ clients
- Training and mentoring for other solution consultants
- Ownership of platform solutions and ensuring they work end to end
- Define and rollout of new processes
- Strategic Roadmap production and maintenance
- Scope Prioritisation
- Backlog Set Up and Maintenance
- Supporting recruitment and development of new talent
- Supporting Project Managers in managing clients throughout the delivery cycle
- Supporting estimations and scheduling of build items
- Motivating and driving best outcomes from others on their project
- Supporting sales team
The Solution Consulting team is responsible for providing a range of high value services to FNZ's existing and potential customers.
This includes being responsible for the Platform configuration and running the FNZ Model Insurance Solution configuration process for new platform implementations, plus supporting sales team in winning & sizing new projects.
It also involves carrying out a variety of consulting assignments for existing customers and new customers in a variety of contexts, including proposition definition, TOM definition, Business transformation, customer training and knowledge transfer, and the definition of bespoke requirements where required for customer platform solutions.
Once business outcomes are understood from FNZ clients, these must be accurately documented and fed them into the delivery process to ensure they are easily understood and precise to deliver the right outcome for our clients.
The team also works closely with FNZ's Business Readiness Team, Operations and Production Support teams to ensure that FNZ provides its services compliantly, reliably and to scalable once implemented in production. Specific Role Responsibilities
Experience required Required Industry Knowledge
- Understanding of the UK and broader European Life Insurance Landscapes, and in particular the administration of Life Assurance Products, both from a System Integration and a broader business point of view.
- Provide leadership and support for the FNZ Solution Consulting team, building capability and providing support for more junior members of the team. Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team.
- Work with FNZ customers & internal stakeholders to help define proposition and product requirements. Provide Market expertise as required. Be an SME in FNZ platform functionality and apply this understanding to help customers define propositions that best utilise or enhance FNZ core platform capabilities.
- Have a full understanding of a Platform Target Operating Model, including the interfaces between platform and customers operations and FNZ operations. Provide advice to customers regarding best practice operating model design.
- Be an expert in the Model Wealth Insurance Solution and run the MWS Configuration process for new platform implementations, capturing all customer configuration points in service configuration documents.
- Be a propositional leader, take ownership of FNZ client propositions and help guide them effectively to deliver platform change which is market leading
- Have a delivery focused view to scope definition, be able to break scope items down into core and nice to have functional elements so these can be delivered over multiple releases if required.
- Document any bespoke customer requirements and translate these into platform solutions
- Take ownership for delivering platform change to FNZ clients, lead within the delivery team to ensure we deliver on-time and to quality.
- Provide review and quality assurance of design documentation produced for new platform solutions, ensuring the function end to end and incorporate re-use of existing functionality where possible.
- Provide training programmes and knowledge transfer services for FNZ customers.
- Provide consultancy services, as required, to other FNZ clients and projects.
- Have a good knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the Solution Consultant operates and provide advice and guidance to customers in respect of delivering a compliant platform.
- Be an SME in the platform market in which FNZ operate and provide training and support for other areas of the FNZ business.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Leadership experience in a consulting, analysis or architecture environment.
- General investment/life and/or pensions products and the markets in which FNZ and our customers operate.
- FNZ Platform expertise preferred, including being an SME in at least 6 functional areas of the platform.
- For the jurisdiction being hired for, an understanding of the regulatory environment FNZ operates within and a knowledge of the upcoming changes.
- 6+ years of experience in a delivery/consulting environment in the Insurance Markets.
About FNZ Culture
- Experience working within a business analysis / consulting role.
- Be able to evidence establishing an environment of continuous improvement and capability development.
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client- and delivery-focused environment.
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style.
- Superior analytical thinking.
- Commercially aware.
- Intermediate computer skills essential.
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
- Good team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Our culture is what drives us. It's at the heart of who we are and everything we do. It's what inspires, excites and moves us forward. Our ambition is to create a culture for growth, one that opens up limitless opportunities for our employees, customers and the wider world. At FNZ we know that great impact is only possible with great teamwork.
That's why we value the strength and diversity of thought in our global team.
The FNZ Way is the cornerstone of what we do. It is comprised of four values that set the standard for how everyone at FNZ interacts with each other, with our customers, and with all our diverse stakeholders around the world.
Customer obsessed for the long-term Think big and make an impact Act now and own it all the way Challenge, commit and win together Read more about The FNZ Way and our values
: www.fnz.com/culture Opportunities
Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Right from day one, you will work alongside exceptional, multicultural teams - experts in their respective fields - who will inspire and challenge you to make your greatest impact.
- Be part of a highly successful, rapidly growing, global business that is leading the delivery of financial services via cloud computing and partners with some of the world's largest companies;
- Working in a flexible and agile way that meets the needs of the business and personal circumstances;
- Remuneration, significant financial rewards and career advancement is based on individual contribution and business impact rather than tenure or seniority;
- We provide global career opportunities for our best employees at any of our offices in the UK, EU, US, Canada, South Africa and APAC.
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, equity and inclusion are important factors contributing to our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner without regard to gender, ethnicity/race, faith, age, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, socio-economic background, disability or military veteran status where all applicants and employees are valued and respected.
In addition, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, if you require specific support please advise us.