Senior Operational Controls Manager - 9 Mth FTC
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Your new role in the first line risk team, will required you to take a lead role in the design and roll out of methodology for testing of control design adequacy and operating effectiveness across FIL globally.
The GBS Operations Risk team contribute to the development of Fidelity International's business and the protection of its shareholders, investors and its reputation. The team provides proactive and high quality first line risk management including oversight of first line risk activities to the GBS Operations business.
Purpose of your role
The purpose of the role is to support the GBS Operations organisation in ensuring that risks are managed in line with the Group's risk appetite, that issues are resolved satisfactorily (including coordination of assurance process that may be required by Group oversight functions (such as Risk or Compliance) or Group audit and that Group risk frameworks are embedded and complied with.
- Develop excellent partnerships/professional relationships with key stakeholders and ensure clear understanding of the future state and the milestones
- Engage with senior executives across Fidelity international through the establishment and input into operational Risk forums to give senior management support in fulfilling their accountabilities in ensuring that good quality risk management practices are being adhered to.
- Liaison with and reporting for relevant Boards across the Fidelity International organization.
- Support and drive the development and oversight of a well- controlled operating environment and risk management framework across GBS globally
- Develop, implement and improve IT and operational controls and processes throughout the business, creating an Internal Controls Framework which can be used internally by management and external auditors
- Assess the group's operating processes to help identify areas for improvements, time savings and efficiencies, as well as playing a key role in longer term projects, such as systems implementations, to help identify and embed a robust and efficient process from inception.
- Input into design of global controls testing methodologies and standards
- Conduct control design effectiveness assessments (DEA), including scheduling and conducting procedure walkthrough meetings with control owners, identifying and communicating any DEA deficiencies and following up with control owners to ensure any DEA deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner.
- mer journeys and outcomes
- Embed Group-wide risk management frameworks and systems within the business. Drive continuous improvement and excellence
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business, as required. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified recommend and track mitigation actions
Experience and Qualifications
- Practical knowledge and experience of using Operational Risk tools and techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments, Loss Event Reporting, Key Risk Indicators, Scenario Analysis) is required
- Understanding of risk management in financial services industries, and particularly in asset management
- Strong influencing skills, proven experience and success in identifying key stakeholders and building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Established track record in similar capacity/industry/coverage
- Sound product, process and control management understanding
- Strong knowledge of Operational Risk and / or Audit
- Open personality with effective communication skills
- Lead and coordinate with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team
- Planning and project management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Communication - Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Operations, Technology and Risk Senior Executives and other key stakeholders using non-technical easily understood language
- Excellent at providing innovative ideas and comfortable working under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- Post-University degree in Business Management, Finance or similar
- Global cross-cultural competence - Demonstrates an understanding of the definition and aspects of culture. Seeks to understand own culture and perspective, how it differs from others, and how culture and perspective can make positive impact.
- Communication Skills - Exhibits well-developed listening, speaking, and writing skills to share information, perspectives, and opinions with others. Works collaboratively and leverages individual talents in support of practice and FIL wide goals
- Clarity of Thought - Express and communicate clearly and concisely in a thoughtful manner
- Continuous Improvement - Exhibits personal responsibility to maintain high standards by continually seeking opportunities to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of existing work processes, methods, and systemsOrganisational Perspective - The ability to use internal networks and other resources to deepen his/her understanding of the organisation's business objectives and offers, and to build insights about how to leverage opportunities across the organisation